1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Blackrock clutter

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Yadd of Legends, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Certifiable
    Campaign Supporter

The other day I mentioned to somebody the small pieces of blackrock scattered all over cave floors I see when mining, and they pointed out that blackrock never decays and I could be seeing years’ worth of it piling up. I didn’t know that; I thought everything on the ground disappeared every night to save system resources, although I couldn't imagine who on Legends was mining enough to drop all these pieces every day. So I tested it by putting several pieces of blackrock on the ground in front on my house, and, behold, they stayed put for several days. With blackrock being worth only 10 cleanup points each, I've never felt it worth the trouble to pick it all up and put in the trash can, when I can trash one miasma map for 1,000 points. But I’m wondering if all this blackrock continuing to pile up all over the ground is taxing game resources. Is there some good reason for making blackrock not disappear at night like most everything else left on the ground? Would the game run smoother if the developers made it so blackrock pieces disappeared every night? Should players pick up blackrock pieces to keep the system running smoother? Or is this really not a relevant concern?

2. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I think you were first able to mine blackrock back in about April 2007. So, it's been around now for almost 7 years. And in that time we've lost how many players from UO along with probably a fair amount of the stuff they kept in their houses? And who knows how much of the bankbox contents, if any, of those inactive accounts is actually using system resources?

I really doubt that it's an issue. I pick it up when I find it and trash most of it with my trash-dumping character or save a little of it for making blackrock stew.

Yadd of Legends likes this.
  3. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I pick it up when I see it and throw it away for the points... I guess I have the keep our lands clean attitude. I also page a gm and ask them to remove stew, water-troughs and goza mats when I find them. I just send them the shard, facet and co-ordinates of the objects and usually they will come clean it up.

4. flappy6

flappy6 Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

trust me that blackrock hasnt been lying around since 2007,someone was script mining in that spot

DJAd likes this.
  5. Yadd of Legends

Campaign Supporter

A script miner was my suspicion too, although I'm less certain now that I see blackrock just keeps laying on the ground no matter who dropped it or when

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

6. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Time to catch this black rock spewing culprit!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

dont throw away your blackrock! i can never find any for sale on atlantic. i wouldnt pay much for it, but maybe 10k a piece or so.

8. Yadd of Legends

Campaign Supporter

You would pay 10k each for those small pieces of blackrock? I must get 10 or more in a half hour of mining. Hop on over to legends and you'll get more than you can carry.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

9. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Smoot must be confusing it with the bigger pieces..... 10 k well.... over kill for a few specks of rock that seems to anoy a few miners...
    I find it and make use of its points...... now as for the script miner...... *contemplates all the deviltry one wishes to do to the bot...*

10. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Gee what macro setting in EC auto drops desired unwanted objects?

11. Minerva Foxglove

Stratics Veteran

I make stew and I make daggers for Exodus keys when we lack daggers..10 blrk per.. I pick up what I find on the ground and use what I get from mining.. please dont change anything:confused:

Parnoc, Lord Nabin and whiterabbit like this.
  12. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Stratics Legend
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter PITMUCK

YERG EXCODUS DAGGERS NEEEDS IT

Parnoc likes this.
  13. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

gee ddint know that... hehe

have no clue how to boot the little pesky pebbles from my bag sugar.... hell I cant even see them without my magnifyer!

14. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master

I have a system for my miner, but then folks say I have too much time, heh. UOAssist and set an organizer bag, a basket works well for definition, add the blackrock (there are actually 4 different graphics so you have to have one of each to set the macro the first time), and set a hotkey and hit it whenever you choose during mining. It throws the blackrock into the basket and you can take it out or replace the basket. Don't forget to count resources.

My macro also includes the big gems and all colors of the granite, and the crystalline blackrock so it all goes in the bag and doesn't fill up my bag or take my time to organize. When I get home from the mining trip I just put the gems, crystalline and granite where it belongs and that only leaves the small blackrock to dispose of.

#14 Parnoc, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  15. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

no, as of right now i sometimes buy the big black rock for when i can find it for cheap, like 100k because it does the same thing. id love to be able to find the small pieces for sale. i know its not a fortune or anything, but id love to find 100 or 200 pieces of small blackrock on atlantic for a mil or 2

#15 Smoot, Jan 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  16. SlayerofBunnys

SlayerofBunnys Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Amen. In CC I can't see them at all and in EC I know where they are only because the slot won't fill with another item or I go to the item list to get rid of them there.

17. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

It should be easy to make a slight tweak to the artwork: a spot where light hits, and a suitably colored radial gradient around it. It shouldn't need to be more than a few pixels in diameter on any of the different shapes, and it would go a long way to helping us see them. We can rationalize this, too. Since blackrock can be found crystallized, it's reasonable that sometimes the rock form will have be smooth and reflective on parts of the surface.

18. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Zog
    Grimm said lightening the inside of our bags was indeed possible... and he was going to put it on his to do list... so we could look forward to it ....but.... EA.... got a bug up its...... well there goes our bag interior being lit up.
    New guy is not so talented.... cant get his way out of paper bag..... or into our pouches to turn up the lights so we can see the damn .......
    !..2...3..4...5..6...7...8..9...10 ok I have cooled my jets.
    I would like a small handfull of things done for the game at large... EVERYBODY would benefit from the bags being more easer to see the items inside.

19. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

would be nice if they let us pick what color our bags are like a dye tub, if that's possible.

#19 Captn Norrington, Jan 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  20. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Stratics Legend
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter PITMUCK

PUTS YOOOS PINK UNDIES IN BOTTOM OB YOOS BAG LADY STORM

21. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

:p Bunny get out of my laundry basket!

As for this bit with the black rock...... I also noticed we dont get as many as we use to when mining...... went out for a few hours ore hunt...got 1 tiny piece... found a val spot!!!
    But only 1 black spec in the hidden darkness of my main bag.... took me a good 4 minutes to find the little devil too...:rant2: