1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Blackrock Infected

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Nexus, Apr 9, 2011.

?

Should Blackrock infection be turned back on.

Poll closed Apr 8, 2012.
  1. Yes

32 vote(s)
    69.6%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    6.5%
  3. Yes but some monsters are areas should be immune

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
  4. I don't care either way.

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

With small pieces of blackrock soooo common in the game, I was wondering who would like to see blackrock infecting mobs back into the game as a permanent addition.

I kinda miss not knowing what would turn nasty on me. I've seen Blackrock infected peerless it really gave an extra challenge to what was otherwise a normal 5 minute run through with our group.
    Best was when you ran up to a wandering healer as a ghost, rezed and he became infected... It gave an element of risk back to killing some of the middle range monsters.

So I just thought I'd throw this out there, I miss them, I was wondering who else does.

I also kinda miss the voices in my head....

2. LadyNico

LadyNico Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'd vote for that - Lady Melissande (blackrock infected) was a refreshing challenge.

3. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Yea it does, though I could see a blackrock infected Stygian Dragon being a bit over the top...... Still it would be fun.

Oh ever take a Discoer to Travesty? Changes things up rather abruptly when it's not expected.

We used to have a rule for Discoers at Trav, if you bring one and don't tell us. We kill you and wait til the shows over to rez....

4. WildWobble

WildWobble Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I miss my black boxes!! yeah i want it back on i was building a rather nice collection of boxes off the infected. and i solo trav with my disco :p you just get bad players at trav if the bard knows what they are doing then trav is nothing.

5. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, absolutely turn it back on, in addition, maybe to help with the abundance of small blackrock pieces, have the infection consume the blackrock piece.

But overall, yes, bring it back, it made everything a bit more fun.

6. Hell's Ironworks

Hell's Ironworks Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Id rather have the ability to smelt it into ingots .

Still would be fun to have the infected back for a lil while.

7. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Yes! I miss the voices in my head :(

8. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I was gonna vote Yes like most people , then thought about blackrock infected paragons, ug - were there any?

9. Pfloyd

Pfloyd Colorblind Collector
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

No. That is the common misconception. Only Trammel and Felucca monsters and animals could become infected. Travesty is out since thats Tokuno. There are no Tokuno blackrock infected monsters/chests. Lady Mel, Shimmering Effusion and Sanctuary Monsters are good places for the hardest of them. We spent many days trying for the Balron and Shadow Wyrm boxes before we were successful in a complete set. The Candle of Love quest gave us the special Ogre Lord for a while too.

10. Bazer

Bazer Slightly Crazed
    Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Stratics Legend

id love for it to be turned back on! need some more good challenges and suprises.