1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Blackrock mine found?

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Irvyn, May 6, 2010.

1. Irvyn

Irvyn Guest

2. Adol

Adol Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I can confirm there is a small room located beneath the shovel in the report; Say "Dig" when next to it to pop down below. When I arrived, there were miners there, but they were not infected...

3. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Destard was a very sharp bit of lateral thinking, congratulations to whoever had that brainwave!

4. The House of Mowbray

Stratics Veteran

T'was an honour and a privilege to fight alongside the Dutchy of Trinsic.

My trusty companion Red would not have been able to defeat such a formidable foe as the 'Blackrock Dragon' had it not been for the sheer determination and bravery of the Duchy of Trinsic's troops.

I commend you all on a valiant effort and a well earned victory!

Signed

Lady Caris Mowbray

5. Odin of Europa

Odin of Europa Lore Master

I saw this on the EM site

So i went to check the mine.

There were some [Guardians]'s and a black box. I killed the [Guardians]'s and the box let off a black cloud, like dread mares when you say trick and it unlocked.

Inside is a book titled, ???, inside it, it says

6. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

I'm rather rusty on Drow language, not used it in a pen-and-paper RPG for years, but a rough translation of the book would be something like

Literal translation -

"By command of the High Priestess

We need more slaves! Mine of black rock is falling."

Not completely clear, and I think there's a slight confusion of words - Usst usually means 'mine' in the sense of 'belonging to me', not 'hole in the ground where you dig up stuff'....

(I'm not too certain about using d' to mean 'of' in a general sense, I think it usually means 'of' in the sense of 'belonging to a family, city, country', but I'd need to do some hunting for the books I used to use for this stuff!)

I'm inclined to think it means 'we need more slaves because the production rate of blackrock in the mine is falling', but I suppose it could also mean 'the mine is collapsing'!

7. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

If I wanted to get lots of slaves that nobody cared about for a mine in Britannia, the logical choice would be those refugees outside Ter Mur, nothing there yet though.