1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Blackrock spawning everywhere overland

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Alvinho, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Alvinho

Alvinho Great Lakes Forever!
    Stratics Veteran

I just found 5 pieces within a 12x12 area in a forest no house fell or anyhting just a concentrated area of blackrock spawn. Is this new or a begining of a end for teh area that it was found at

2. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Im always randomly finding that stuff. I have stopped picking it up. It kinda spawns like regs now...

3. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Consider the following though:

- Small blackrock pieces are still being mined up
    - There is NOTHING to do with the pieces being mined up, so miners are getting overloaded on non-stackable pieces of blackrock with NOTHING to do with them.
    - The Blackrock pieces do NOT decay

Depending on where you are finding them, you could be seeing the results of a bored miner, or simply a miner dumping off their excess blackrock due to storage issues.

(Which makes for a really weird situation considering how everyone was into the dangerousness of Blackrock for so many UO years and now it's discarded like many other now unwanted items)

4. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Can't you still asplode it for no reason and make your character a loon though?

5. VorteXPete

VorteXPete Guest

I often dump off blackrock from the script miners i kill when i loot em...

6. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

And how do we know that Blackrock has served it's full purpose yet? If it indeed is destined to explode then ther'll be a grand crater where my House used to stand. It's holding around 5k pieces of the stuff :)

7. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

5 pieces in a 12x12 area? i found 467 pieces on a small island whilst sailing. I picked up every piece and put it all in storage. When the time comes, I'll blow up trammel for good!

8. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

The only error regarding the purpose of Blackrock that has been pervasive in UO Lore is that it is a reagent for the Armageddon spell when any and all research into Blackrock has not shown this to be true... yeah it's volatile as hell, but it doesn't cause the mass extinction of an entire plane of existence.

9. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

In Ultima 6, the avatar found a black moonstone at the very beginning. It has reported that this was fashioned out of blackrock and it allowed him to cast the gate spell to all manner of locations. You could effectively hop all over the world as quick as you wanted.

10. Hobo Sapien

Hobo Sapien Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I'm gonna blame it on global cooling .............!..............

11. CroMag1980

CroMag1980 Guest

Can you still infect mobs with this crap?

I remember NDK on Europa blackrock infecting tentacles of the harrower of a UCH harry - I cried laughing at the chaos.

12. badskidmark

badskidmark Guest

It does seem to be spawning more lately though...maybe just coincedence...but I used to rarely find it on script miner kills...now I sometimes find as many as 8 or 9 on any given corpse.

13. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Not only that, but the static moongates exist in areas where blackrock is buried in the ground.

UO did have moonstones for a while, which allowed travel between facets.

Blackmoor also has blackrock in it.

According to U7, blackrock is nigh indestructable by any means, magical or otherwise, with the exception of magic used in combination with magnetic fields (which should make the stuff sculptable). In practise, it made it explode. Furthermore, blackrock was being mined in the game with standard machinery, so presumably it's not as solid as all that...

Blackrock is to magic as lead and concrete is to radio waves.

The "black gate" is a moongate entirely formed of black rock. It's powerful enough to hop between worlds. A few of these have popped up in both the original Ultima games as well as in UO.

As of the appearance of the Crimson Dragons, you cannot. There have been quite a few requests to have the system re-activated.

14. Arrgh

Arrgh Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I blame it on Canada...jking =)

15. HillBilly

HillBilly Guest

I will accept the rocks if you feel you have too many. I have uses for them .

South of Minoc mines. near bridge. Fel. Atlantic. TY.

16. Well i still thought they had a use so im gona dump my 5k+ peices lol

17. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

Post is very misleading, this stuff is not spawning on Atlantic.

18. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

That's just because nobody has actually successfully cast the spell.

The explosions and warps are just the "stage 1 fizzle".

The destruction of Haven was a "stage 2 fizzle".

Malas may have been a "stage 3 fizzle"??

successful casting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lui4Z5RtNQ

19. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

There's always been this nagging idea at the back of my mind that maybe a player will one day pull it off, and manage to kill every single mobile on the shard - hopefully taking down the shrines in the process, at least temporarily.

Let's face it, that'd be awesome.

20. I get heaps when I mine, I just make pretty piles with it outside my house

21. Jhym

Jhym Guest

Always good to have an evil ******* for everyone to shun.

22. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Iv had a small rock of it on my door step for over 4 months now (not locked down) it just never decays and on a funny note it has a vendor penalty on it thats through the roof that i find funny :D iv also got over 2000 pieces of the small mined stuff my smith has collected over the years mining that i dont know what to do with (i wasnt here for the whole blackrock saga so not sure how to use it)

Thunderz

23. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Currently, the only "use" for it is the Armageddon spell.

In theory, new uses will appear in future, though it's probably becoming hard to think up ideas as to how (given how much of the stuff must exist in the world by this point).