1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Blackrock went poof

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Sevin0oo0, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I don't carry much stuff on me, couple dozen items, tops, but i carry a small blackrock (insured) under my insured scissors + a loot bag. I was in the wisp dungeon getting some chests, got a couple, went home, put the 2 chests that had been in the loot bag in a secure to be opened by my locksmith later, and logged. One had been a paragon, but I got lucky and it went into hibernation so it was half dead by the time it came out, as did a couple other regular ones.

Did some laundry and started to log back in to open the 2 chests, but decided to try for a couple more chests real quick. I hit one well over 10 times, I'm like hmmm, it should be dead by now. Pulled the health bar, Full Health. Said something's screwy here, and it was a paragon, which I normally skip (i'm too weak) anyways and ran off into the hallway between there and the outside.
    I thought it odd it had no damage tho, checked, and my blackrock was Gone. Emptied pack, logged in/out. recounted. Checked insurance menu. Gone. I hadn't died or anything, just poof.

2. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Hmm, have not had any issues with carrying large blackrock. I have been running with a piece in my pack for a couple of years still just hoping they turn it back on without saying. Will keep an eye on it now tho.

3. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

It was one of those hard to see small piece ones. Had this one for many months. Wonder if they're dyeable?

4. Cerwin Vega

Cerwin Vega Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

So why do you carry this?

5. falseprophet

falseprophet Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

it nullifies the "shield" that Dark Wisp's use, allowing you to damage them through it iirc.

6. popps

popps Always Present

It works only with Dark Wisps or also with other MoBs ? Also, the OP mentioned Paragons, would it work with just any Paragon MoB in Ilshenar other than Dark Wisps paragons ?

It just takes one to carry the blackrock in one's own backpack or does it need to be "used" in some way ? And small and large blackrock work just the same ?

Thanks for the info !

7. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

erm, how would it work on other mobs when it's the shield it nullifies? Other mobs don't have a shield to nullify.

You don't use it in any way, just carry it in your pack.

8. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

really.... well hell, that would have been nice to know when i spent a week farming chests out of there!

9. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Poo, I think Basara brought this up a couple(?) years ago.

...and they're not dyeable. I have a couple more now, but I liked that one because it didn't "jump" when you picked it up. I think there's like 8, or more, different ones (wth guys?).

10. Lady Laurel

Lady Laurel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni LOST

I didn't know this, it is interesting. Does it have to be large or can it be the small ones?

11. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor

It seems the bug that was deleting items in Shame has escaped. It has escaped into the wild and can now be found almost everywhere.

I started a thread about this just before the Stratics server crashed, the thread was lost and I didn't bother starting a new one when Stratics came back.

I was out mining in a dungeon area and had a stack of Bronze ingots go *poof*. They didn't drop to the ground, and they weren't hidden in my backpack anywhere. I used the blacksmith gump to check how many ingots I had and it said 0 Bronze ingots.

12. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Sorry, I knew what I meant when i typed the post - the reference to paragons were to the dark wisp ones in the dungeon. If you have Any piece of blackrock in your pocket, it allows you to penetrate when the dark wisp's shield comes up. The blackrock does that both in the wisp dungeon and to wisps in the SA fairy spawn.