1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Mining] Blacksmithing Cap

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Barterquinn, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Barterquinn

Barterquinn Guest

Okay, Im a little new at this and maybe this is just a stupid question but... If I'm wearing a pair of Ringmail Blacksmith Gloves of Mining (+5) and I'm at GM Miner... I thought the skill cap of 100 would prevent my skill from going to 105. I'm lokking at it and it says "105.0/100.0%". Is this a bug or is this just how it works for mining?
  2. When looking at the skill scroll ... the skill levels shown are "modified" in that they do include bonuses like the gloves. Thus your Mining could show 105.0.

When clicking the "Show real" gem at the bottom, that should then change to your real/unmodified skill level. In this case you would see 100.0.

So, no bug ... just information based on the type of skill display you are seeing.
  3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    Mining Gloves are one of the few items that ignore skill caps. Ancient Smithing Hammers do as well.
  4. Barterquinn

Barterquinn Guest

Cool !!!

I guess I need to start working bods for Ancient Hammers.

Thank You