1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Blackthorn as king

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Alton Darkpick, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Alton Darkpick

Alton Darkpick Adventurer

Okay i was gone for a while and recently came back, about 2 months now. I want to know though. Can anyone tell me how that traitor spawn Blackthorn managed to grab the kingdom? I mean seriously, might as well make exodus king or minax queen rather than borgthorn.

Was there some sort of redemption story or something like that I missed?

2. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You surely should have noticed by now the distinct lack of borg-style addons on the current Blackthorn? :)

It's a long story, but yes, he broke free from the controlling influence of Exodus, helped cure the plague killing off the gargoyles, and generally redeemed himself. The whole stoyline was The Awakening, much of it is not that relevant to Blackthorn's 'change' personally, but all the material from the UO site can be found here :

http://uo2.stratics.com/quest-and-events

There are some hints what is coming earlier, but Act V is where it picks up on his fate and subsequent new role in the world.

(Personally I have to say as a story, it doesn't really convince me much, but it's what we have..... )

3. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

Don't be deceived. The Pitmuck Goblins have been warning people throughout the realm that Blackthorn is not a legitimate king. In their words, "Yoos cant trust dat Blackthorny guy. Himz bads." :scholar:

4. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

The fiction is that Blackthorn, quite stupidly I am constrained to point out, years ago went in to try and take out Exodus all by his lonesome, predictably got captured, and then was copied. The robotic Blackthorn was a doppleganger.

King Blackthorn is played by the shards' respective Event Moderators and, on GL, is smart, responsible, and serious.

-Galen's player