1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Blackthorn Dungeon Stuff

Discussion in 'UHall' started by DanteSignas, Mar 21, 2014.

1. DanteSignas

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hi all, I recently came back to the game and I am interested in getting some of the items from this dungeon. I spent a bit of time down there and haven't got a drop as of yet. It is kind of discouraging to know I need so many to get one of the desirable items so I am hoping maybe I am doing something wrong. That being the case, does anyone have any tips/tricks to get the drops dropping down there? I have an archer a sampire and soon a tamer with discord. Let me know what the preferred method is please =)

2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Well many camp the evil mages down there I found I get quite a few good drops from killing the Balron that spawns., But do be careful because his respawn rate is instant.

3. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

Use the archer with a Mage slayer talisman for the mages room or a flame slayer talisman in the hell hound room. If you have any luck suit items I felt like there was a noticeable difference in my drop rate when I got over 1000 luck.

4. flappy6

flappy6 Sage

i would say about an hour on average for a drop,unless your a killing machine,maybe 20-40mins and kill things with high fame mages,belron,lich.... or you can do the boss guys that drop 2 everytime you kill one

5. DanteSignas

Are you meaning the red guys in the phantom town area? Me and a friend were trying to kill one of those and we barely made a dent, any tips on those guys also?

6. OvenBird

OvenBird Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

The captains (mystic/archer/fencer etc) found in the town area are yellow, you need to kill the spawn around them before they turn red. Each captain has a different strategy. The swordsman and macer hit for a lot, and the bard will discord you. The bard is easy enough, but the discord does slow things down a great deal.

I've seen a lot of caster/tamers set up shop at the "entrance" to each town where they lay down a ton of para fields and and have their pet tank. I've also seen sampires take down most of the captains solo, and I've done the the archer/rogue and mystic captains the same way once or twice.