1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(Blackthorn)Remember when....

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Gidge, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Gidge

Gidge Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend BoE

Remember when following Blackthorn was a bad thing?

I still can't bridge that gap. It has been 15 years, couldn't have Lord British fathered a child or two to carry on the family
    business?

[​IMG]

#1 Gidge, Feb 24, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
    Cerwin Vega and G.v.P like this.
  2. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I too have that odd sence of yuk king blackthorn.... That man was Britishes friend then enemy.... history has a way of biting you in the fanny. My king will always be Lord British... i dont care what the dev say or plot in the time line.

NuSair and Parnoc like this.
  3. Irulia Darkaith

I dunno, it almost seems fitting given how the world has changed.

4. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie

Given that Blackthorn and British were friends, as evidenced by, you know, the fact that he had a keep in Britain as well as many in-game books discussing their friendship, following Blackthorn wasn't a bad thing. It simply meant espousing different ethics than the Virtues.

Following Blackthorn didn't become "bad" until after Mecha-Blackthorn went to work for Exodus, and as we now know, Mecha-Blackthorn was not the real Blackthorn.

#4 RaDian FlGith, Feb 24, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Lord British is probably sterile from traveling to the stars so many times.... :rolleyes:

6. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

I try my best to deny such a thing ever happened. There is nor was such thing as Borgthorn and there never will be again.

7. Molokha

Molokha Seasoned Veteran

I just read that as Bogthorn and had the mental image of a hobo Blackthorn lurking in the swamps and ruling over an empire of plague beasts.

I prefer this version.

8. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Game of Thrones style. Except a good son. Maybe Rome style. But without the incest.

9. Molokha

Molokha Seasoned Veteran

No, no, with the incest. The father's Lord British, the mother's Lord British, the kid is British Squared. The perfect ruler!

#9 Molokha, Feb 25, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
    Gidge and Raider Red like this.
  10. Amber Witch

Amber Witch Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Gilfane

Great idea!
    Uh.. wait a sec...

11. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

It really makes me sad when I sit back and seriously look at what has happened to the overall story/environment of Ultima since British left and the hacks were let loose.

12. Lore Denin (GL)

Stratics Veteran

Blackthorn is a proponant of this theory of Chaos, Ethical Hedonism over Virtue, the indiviudual over the good of society, and opposed to the Timelord's Quest of Unity which aims to re-unite the multiverse with the True Universe...

Many agree with Blackthorn and philosophy, thus the popularity of the Chaos Guard, however the true King of Britannia, Lord British did not and he would be appauled to see what has transpired. He believed in Virtue, the greater good and the Timelord's quest to unite the multiverse with the True Universe. For this purpose, he created the Virtue Guard (later called the Order Guard) and stood against Blackthorn and his Philosophy of Chaos.

To imagine Britannia is now led by Blackthron is utterly insane. We, the last few remnants of the Order will never serve Blackthorn, King of Chaos and will continue to oppose him and his philosophy. We shall never abandon the path of virtue espoused by The True King of Britannia and will carry on our quest until the multiverse is once again re-united with the True Universe. Till All Worlds Are One,

-Lore Denin, Captain of the Order

Gidge and NuSair like this.