1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Blackthorn's Dungeon

Discussion in 'UHall' started by TheScoundrelRico, Jan 20, 2015.

1. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

So here's the question...

What type of template does it take to kill the beasties in the dungeon with all of the mirrored towns?

I recently found the new dungeon and went in with a thief. I had 115 magery and dropped a few EVs on one to test it out. ROFL

It took about half a second for those to be dispelled but a single creature (was a red archer with an NPC name). So what type of template is needed for a solo player to kill one of these things, or if I want to try and get a Minax drop, do I need to stick to killing the creatures in the other sections of the dungeon?...la

2. drcossack

drcossack Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Anything works, really. For the dexer captains, you'll probably want a mage of some sort - mystic if you're alone, tamer if you're in a group. Dexer captains eat pets alive, doing up to 3x damage. Mystic, you'll want a whammy, but be careful of Purge Magic. Wizard would probably be good on a sampire.

Bard Captains are the worst (after Macers), IMO. They can't be damaged by field spells (although poison field does status them), plus they have the Grizzle's ability to neuter SSI & FC/FCR.

3. TheScoundrelRico

Hmmm, guess I'll just have to get my skills trained up a bit more. Thanks for the advice...la

4. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I run a 120 swords, 120 tactics, 120 anatomy, 120 chiv, 120 bushido, 120 parry with a bladed staff for normal captains and a double axe for those captains with 5 times more HP but very low resists.
    To ensure survivability, I pack a second account with a 4x120 bard running peace mastery for most captains and provo for necromancers and assassins.

5. TheScoundrelRico

Yikes...don't have a second account, so that's going to be tough. That being said...I'm a long way off on those skill levels and my suit (on Siege) probably won't be anywhere near what I would run with if on a production shard...la

6. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Pretty much use my Mystic/Mage/Weaver and a bard. I try to avoid the Bards till last and those that jump around.... Archers won't follow you they stay where they are.... so I lead the others to where I can gank them one on one. It's a very slow process. Keep a collossus on them which can be hard and then hit them with whatever till I can WoD them. Some are extremely souped up... like pargons or something others seem super weak. But with fields/collosus and the Bard I generally do ok. Personally I prefer to get a group of friends together and take them down.

7. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Certifiable
    Campaign Supporter

A bushido archer can also kill any captain if you honor it and use a composite bow with armor ignore, but it might take 40 mins or so for some of the harder ones, since you have to pick off the spawn surrounding one captain and keep kiting that one captain until it's dead. But even if it takes you an hour, two drops from the captain is a pretty good reward for an hour's work - but the kiting can get a bit physically tiring. This is not the fastest template to kill them, but it's the safest way to solo them with a single account without spending much on armor and weapons. I've soloed 50 to 100 captains and hardly ever died. The only reason I haven't done it lately is feeling too lazy. As I've said before, it was a lot more fun when the cities were bigger and you could move around more.

petemage likes this.
  8. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

i do well on a bushido dexter (healing not sampire) with 100mana leech 75 life 50stam leech 50hla bladed staff. refined suit at about 55 or 60 dci also helps. i cant imagine doing the macer or fencer captain without it.

9. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Certifiable
    Campaign Supporter

Actually, fencers are no problem (I kept a journal when I was doing blackthorn) but macers are impossible because of their ridiculous parry. For me, the bushido dexxer (dexter is the serial killer) is a good ideal that I've never been able to pull off, so congratulations on it; I'm sure it's easier.

vinwhite185 likes this.
  10. flappy6

flappy6 Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Not really worth doing,fighting the red mages or Belron would produce more minax stuff. Not to mention belron gives legendary and major artifacts if you can loot body fast enough.

11. Goodmann

Goodmann Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah they ruined the generals. Either there to tough or its to easy to farm martis elsewhere in the dungeon. :facepalm: