1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Bladeweave, change it? or leave it?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by puni666, Dec 17, 2010.

?

Bladeweave, change it? or leave it?

Poll closed Jan 16, 2011.
  1. Change the weapons that have this special to have a different special move that already exists.

13.8%
  2. Make Bladeweave do a new type of special attack instead of a random already existing special move.

65.5%
  3. Leave it.

20.7%
  1. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I always lol at this description.

Bladeweave - The Warrior becomes one with their weapon, allowing it to guide their hand. The effects of this attack are unpredictable, but effective.

Really? they become one with there weapon? That's why they don't know wtf it's going to do really? I personally like to know what's going to happen IF I do hit someone or something.

2. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Does anyone even use it regularly? I just liked to fire it off as a newbie with my first Soulseeker :)

3. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

You just "hit the nail on the head", I do believe that is the point of the thread. :)

4. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

That it is.

5. covert

covert Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, it should be unpredictable for the person getting walloped. Funny thing - thanks for pointing that out. :)

6. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I was thinking since it was released with the release of spellweaving maybe whatever it does could be based on the amount of spellweaving skill you have. Maybe just extra damage, a new AoE, maybe a new bleed but based on fire damage (burning instead of bleeding, but not stackable). Something unique instead of the pointless special move it is now with a terrible description.

7. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

How long has bladeweave been around and you decide to care now why?

Oh ya i'm guessing you use the weapon now...

8. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Good guess but you're wrong.

It's one of the pointless things of that era. Much like the special move Force of Nature, Psychic Attack, and the spell Immolating Weapon, they're pretty much pointless to spend your mana on. They should have some significant purpose of being in the game.

9. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I use it Often (usually my 2nd strike).Random suks - I like dependability, whatever it is

10. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I use it a little. In hopes of getting a mortal, AI or feint in during protracted boss battles.

It seems to only use the specials you have the mana for. Eg, if you don't' have enough mana for AI, bladeweave won't trigger that special.

But it's too unreliable.

Probably gonna get flamed, but I hope they change it to feint. Or AI.

11. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Hopefully they do eventually do something about the obsolete things like these few moves. I'm sure there's more. My hope was to bring light to some of these things and hopefully spark the attention of a dev.

If you've got more things list them. I'm sure someone will pay attention or at least someone will describe how something is actually useful in a way you might not have thought of before.

12. Zoeydamnies

Zoeydamnies Visitor

I thought that one of the things bladeweave could do is make elementals bleed and things like that. The specials work on creatures that they would not normally work on. That is the benefit you gain from going random.

I am not sure about this, though. It could've been a dream that happened one afternoon long ago.

ZO

13. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

The bleed is just the random special move bleed like normal. It'll work on anything but undead, now if it works on undead that is indeed somewhat of a benefit.

14. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran