1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Blessed bags

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Cear Dallben Dragon, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I had a dream last night were i was delivering pizza and I saw a moongate thru the woods. I immediately did a combat roll out of my car and sent it flying off a cliff. I bolted into the woods to get to the gate asap. who knows when it would close right? I had no idea the level of magery its caster had. When i finally made it to the gate a voice rang in my ears. it said something about adhesive or... something... any who i was pissed i couldn't get thru the gate. I was sure it was going to close on me. Then after a few seconds of sadness and panic a giant red face appeared behind me and it shouted "I AM THE PAGAN LORD!!!!" I immediately felt what must have been invisible legs round house kick me in the face, and i was propelled thru the moongate where an old man named hawkwind stood. Before him was a small pedestal with a pouch on it.

I asked the man, where are we? He said " The time of legends". I said "wtf"

He told me of a new device he had been working on but hadn't pitched to the devs yet. It was the pouch that laid before him high on the pedestal. Being disappointed that i was standing in void-space with an old man and his sack instead of LB's throne being dubbed the avatar, I sadly said, "go on...."

"It is a blessed bag" he said. "and It will only allow blessed item to be held inside. It will revolutionize legacy backpacks and organizational skills will be gifted to the masses. Just imagine," he professed, "the ability to carry 10 runebooks, which you probably need now since ultima online has like a billion facets, and you can have all those cool new spell books there for your human 20 needs. All nicely
    placed and usable in the blessed bag. and the best part! when you die and come back to life, they stay in the bag!!!!!"
    My throat exploded and i was overwhelmed with intense gas. This Idea was legendary.

"Now go!" he said "Spread the word to those of uhall! see if this idea makes any sense at all to others! Wake up!"
    with that I received a connection lost gump. and awoke to make this post.

thoughts?

2. Capt.E

Capt.E Guest

My theif doesn't have snooping and I am not at home to test it but don't you get a message "you cannot steal that!" if a blessed or insured item is in a regular bag and attempt to steal it? Also this would require 2 successful snoops which seems like it may be hurting our 5 finger discount friends. Maybe a section of pack that can hold books out of the way, like ring bracelet head piece on paperdoll or something would be nice.

3. Toptwo

Toptwo Guest

What would be even nicer is if when you die, and rez, all your spellbooks would re-appear in the blessed bag ....IN THE SAME PLACE AND ORDER!!!

4. PsychoKinetic

PsychoKinetic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

This is an excellent idea.

(funny story too) :thumbsup:

5. Cear Dallben Dragon

im not sure what you mean. You cant steal bags at all. If the blessed bag only holds blessed items. you would have no need to snoop it in the first place.

6. Capt.E

Capt.E Guest

Ya sorry missed the "only blessed items" part. I like the idea since I alwya seem to be digging around in my pack for stuff covered by books and whatnot.

7. Gantry

Gantry Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

This is a brillant idea. Dreams are so cool :thumbup: Jewelry always ends up under books for some reason it seems and it's under the last book too lol

8. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

they have to fix the spellbooks first, if you keep the spellbook with your spells inside in a bag you cant cast anymore :(

9. Sabbath

Sabbath Guest

I support the idea :thumbsup:

I'd like to know if you soiled yourself when the Guardian YELLED out behind you :eek: LOL thanks for the story!

By the way, I actually used to nearly jump out of my skin whenever I would play Ultima 7 and the damned Guardian would poke his face out and yell AVATAR!!! and I had forgotten to turn my speakers down - hehe

10. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I had a dream last night that I was Ironman and I was playing indoor tennis doubles with Maria Sharapova against Uncle Rico from napoleon dynamite and some dark haired kid. It was weird.

But blessed bags for storing runebooks sounds cool too.

11. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

I'd rather see a "Book Binder" That would allow you to combine Rune Books into an Atlas. Have up to 10 rune books combined!

12. Nine Dark Moons

Nine Dark Moons Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

LMAO!!! i don't know why, but that image sent me on a 10 minute giggling spree. cool idea :D

13. Cear Dallben Dragon

I would be cool with this too. im sure it wouldn't hurt rune libraries at all. maybe just bigger runebooks. that hold say 30 charges.

14. Janis

Janis Guest

"Nobody wants a roundhouse kick to the face, when I'm wearing these badboys!"

15. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I can see the usefullness, but if you use the gridview for your containers it isnt really a problem.

All my items stay in the same slot when I die... I have my runebooks lined up top and the other stuff below... works great!

Also when using the grid view you will never have a ring placed under tons of other crap... and if you sometimes have a little problem finding a dark item (We need to be able to set the backgroundcolor) you can press the little icon top left and have a nice indexed overview of your bagscontents.

16. Somebody stole some pregnant woman's pickle, peanut butter, and chocolate ice cream float. That'll teach ya.

17. Nh'bdy

Nh'bdy Guest