1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Blessed bags?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by R Traveler, Nov 21, 2011.

1. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I don't understand why cursed loot from shame leaves lootbags and goes to top level of corpse after death. Normal not insured loot stays inside bags which always drops to corpse. All cursed items cover everything after recovering body. I hate this!

Only reason to move cursed items on death from bags is... possible blessed bags exist in game?

2. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

or cursed items are.... - Blessed!

3. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor

Maybe cursed items are handled special when you die, maybe they are specifically searched for in your backpack and paperdoll and placed in your corpse before everything else.

4. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Switch to EC = Fixed :mf_prop:

5. zamot

zamot Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

EC does this also. The items in the lootbag that are cursed will come out of the bag upon clicking your corpse.

But way to promote the EC.

6. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

The EC may solve the OP problem but it would be a heavy price to pay gamewise. I'll stick with the CC. :thumbsup:

7. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I was thinking more along the lines of this as well.

8. EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

There was a way to get blessed bags… long ago, totally illegal… so no dice.

In my exploration of this messy business, I just sock away all loot in a normal old bag and drop it in the public bank rubbish bin and get a good chunk of clean up points. Got over 2k in one run today. Not bad for rubbish I would otherwise totally ignore. :popcorn:

9. Wizal the Fox

Stratics Veteran

While this is extremely annoying to have all cursed items ending in your main pack after you rez and loot your corpse, there is one (small) benefit to the way it is currently handled: a mob looting bags from your corpse does not actually loot their cursed content.

10. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

what i do is, in my main pack i leave the lower left corner empty, then within my loot bag i stack all the cursed stuff in the lower left corner of that bag, that way it at least all stacks in a easy to see spot and not all over my pack

11. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Please... no blessed bags.

12. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

i think cursed items are stupid and was a dumb idea..

im seeing a lot of nice items that i would use but i wont cause they are cursed and they end up in the unravel bag.

13. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

lol
    The cursed gives farming monsters a purpose.

14. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

lol i suppose it a good teaser to what you could get if you kept at it?

im looking for the uncursed match to this.

maybe if i wear enough luck it will have hci instead of fcr lol

Attached Files:

15. A Thought Elemental

A Thought Elemental Journeyman

I'm not complaining about whatever balance they intend to achieve by having much of this stuff drop cursed. As far as I know (or care) it could be working exactly as intended.

But it's definitely true that for me personally, it immedietely transforms ANY item no matter the mods into relic frag fodder. No consideration for use whatsoever..

And it's interesting that it is true that its completely usable gear if you are always in Tram and always get your corpse back. I know this and lately I am usually in Tram, but still I just won't do it. I find it too objectionable both as a concept, plus, in implementation each of these items requires the suit to be built around it. I'd sooner be comparatively underpowered than use a key item with many stats in my suit which could vanish (leaving me with a big mismatched pile of gear).

If this was intended.. good enough. If not... whatever =p but I won't wear cursed gear like, ever.

16. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Ive run across a few cursed items that are most likely going into a pvm characters suit. I think of it as this, I almost always have something worthless yet heavy in my pack for monsters to loot, so I doubt id lose the cursed item. And if I did lose the item Im only out a relic fragment or two.

Also been watching for high mana regen loot for training/scribing.

back to the original topic though, It would be nice if they could change the way cursed items drop when the carrier dies. Im sure its a quagmire of coding to try and change it though so I guess we will all have to get used to it.