1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Blessed Spellbooks

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by DaVoice, Jan 19, 2010.

1. DaVoice

DaVoice Visitor

I didnt want to hijack the other thread so...

I cannot believe people are still crying over a stupid ****ing book.

GET OVER IT.:stretcher:

Its people like this that are going to start the "Should taming be removed from Siege Perlious?... OR Should pets not be able to attack anyone for any reason?" Or maybe "Since I dont run assist, pots should be removed from Siege P." or maybe "Bards shouldnt be able to bard people pets for any reason". OK OK lets start at the top. "If a player doesnt make any movement for 30 secs, then they shouldnt recieve any silver from a kill." WAIT WAIT... I got one... "If one person flags on you than NO ONE can attack you till that flags over"! oh wait... gawds... "If someone flags on you then the only way another person can join the fight is if you choose to check the box allowing them to do so."

Christ:gee:

So many legit things to fix and this threads over a stupid ass book that offers a blessed factor. And you justify it with the past Sami Helm and Leggs scandle.

Stratics needs to offer a option that a box of kleenex needs to be accuired before opening this type of post. Someone needs to kick the soap box out from under D baggers like this and future posters.:(

Like the wopping 25 people we have on Siege really gives a **** about a blessed book. Concern yourself with getting people here saying "Heres a blessed book to help you out"... not saying "You dont get ANYTHING here for free", go get in the Anti NEW Helping guild like that other soap boxer. Your gonna find a way that the book locked down on the bank floor is hurting YOU too.:sad2:

2. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

Since you didnt see my post i made in my thread ill repost it for you so you can read it this time...

"Because instead of seeing three feet in front of you you might try looking in the future and lets hope the next thing they try to bring to sp doesnt mess up the game even more...so maybe if we stopped this they MIGHT think about the next thing they try to put on sp...

The more they see sp not caring about having blessed items the more there gonna allow on sp...

*sighs*

Speak up as a community or get ran the **** over by the machine..."

3. Fanta(Siege)

Fanta(Siege) Guest

Well considering it is EA they wont do s**t about it... No matter what we do we will get all the production shard patches...

4. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

Great "give up" attitude...

5. Fanta(Siege)

Fanta(Siege) Guest

Its more of a stop crying about everything and play the game attitude...

6. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

Ill remember that when you cry about population on Siege Perilous...then ill quote what you just said back to you...

7. Fanta(Siege)

Fanta(Siege) Guest

Haha i never cry about the population if i cared about population i would leave... And tbh lately there has been some great pvp... The most i have ever said is no one is on? Thank you, Have a nice day! :thumbup1:

8. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

I'm sure fighting the same 15-20 everyday has gotta be great...:thumbup1:

9. AEowynSP

AEowynSP Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

[​IMG]

This was posted by yours truly on UHell when the firsed blessed books started spawning here.

10. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Careful! We have a lot of crybaby types that will jump on just about any of those bandwagons so fast the tires would explode! :lol:

11. Fanta(Siege)

Fanta(Siege) Guest

Welcome To Siege! If you are new here i would suggest NEW...

12. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

Im not new...apparently you must be newer because you dont know what great pvp is on this server...

13. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Well Damien,

We asked several months ago for these to be removed, and in fact, were told they would be removed, and as you can see, they haven't. So welcome to asking the DEVs to do anything for Siege.

Best of luck to you.

14. Diablo FTW

Diablo FTW Visitor

hey kiddo u dont know about anything on the shard realy. cause ur just a trammy who stay in ur house :thumbup1:,, you the noobest, and you are in NEW

15. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Amen

16. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

If you play a mage and run those books in this day and age, you will get your ass kicked on a regular basis by all the 40/50 ssi fb/velocity running shot archers, and super boks.

IMO the books allow the poorer mages ont he shard to geta little extra dci until they can afford to run a good parry mage suit.

Will it really bother me if the books become unblessed. Hell no. I have amased a bit of wealth and can afford to run a very expensive parry mage suit now. 6 months ago this was not the case and I used that book to put together a 100k buy back faction suit that was often high 30's lmc, 55-70 dci, and about 6-7 mr, and 2/6 cast. Sure woudl be nice for other peopel who want to play mages to be able to make use of them until they can afford to play the premier mage temp of the day; the parry mage.

It's not like tamers have not been able to have two blessed items on siege for years..thier pet and thier siege bless.

17. DaVoice

DaVoice Visitor

Tamers got the Farmers Kasa... AND THATS IT. Not one damn item EVER since then and before that.

Tamers have been reduced every time lower and lower each patch, since the beginning of AOS.

First they had 25 dragons in tow. NERFED
    Then they had pets that would insta kill or cast higher spells like Mass Curse... NERFED
    Then they had Greater Dragons... NERFED
    If you honestly feel that a tamer blessing a 15 DCI SCNP Shield, or a 15 point skill jewel means that much in PvP, then I suggest you wake up and try taming.

If they'd just require the player hit the stealth button every 10 steps or so then you'd SEE a big ass difference in killing tamers.

18. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I have a tamer, the only time I EVER die on him is to 5-6 plus and poor timing on my part or over agressiveness; I really do not play Vag templates to thier full capabilities because I am agressive. A year of dismount traps and other various gayness has broken alot of it but it is still how i played for years and how i egt the most enjoyment out of playing. Give me a full blown field fight w/o stealthers and pets, me living through mass dumps because my teamates can x-heal and I have the sense to cure myself and I am in heaven:).

I'm oldschool; I used to get rid of dragons the old fashion way..gate them to the savages. Give me unbonded pets and the otion to lead the bastiches through gates and you would never hear a peep out of me again.

P.S. If those are the items you choose to bless on your tamer then U R DUM!

P.P.S.

Welcome back Queen ED:).

19. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

QFT. Tribal spear FOR THE WIN!

Tamers are so OP it isn't funny.

20. Fanta(Siege)

Fanta(Siege) Guest

Haha, The way you talk you know nothing of siege... I know you have been here for a little while but its called sarcasm... These books really aren't that great as tibs stated because any mage running these will get their asses kicked... Soon as you find something terribly unbalanced about them let me know!

21. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

Do you comprehend english?

Since you didnt see my post i made in my thread and in this thread ill repost it for you so you can read it this time...

"Because instead of seeing three feet in front of you you might try looking in the future and lets hope the next thing they try to bring to sp doesnt mess up the game even more...so maybe if we stopped this they MIGHT think about the next thing they try to put on sp...

The more they see sp not caring about having blessed items the more there gonna allow on sp...

*sighs*

Speak up as a community or get ran the **** over by the machine..."

22. DaVoice

DaVoice Visitor

I just told Ed that you think im him.

He had absolutely no opinion of you. Thats classic.

23. DaVoice

DaVoice Visitor

Well Gee Duh... Everyone can be overpowered faction without being in factions.

Do me a favor and get the faction crap nerfed. Start where the most harm is.

24. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Don't get overly excited because your postings sets off similar tardometer readings as the Queen.

25. DaVoice

DaVoice Visitor

I went back and read about 20 of your previous random posts from the past... Your rude, arrogent, you've bragged openly about milking people for your imbueing skills, and your stuck in the same guild forever due to your attitude. Anyone that dares challange you over your "Great knowledge base" is instantly attacked.

Go away... There, now your on ignore and can rant all you want. I suggest anyone reading Tibs posts do the same.

Good Day to you... NOO... I said good day.

26. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I never "milked" anyone! If I was such a bad guy why was I in such demand that I had to retire from public imbuing so I would have time to pursue other game interests? Anythign I charged was based on going shard rate and everythign was explained in full about my prices to most everyone I did business with.

my knowledge is considerable on the imbuing topic, but was made that way via collaboration, discussion, or argument with others, notably Asty, Mook, MLUOplayer, and Sir Morder. Knowledge was also gained by doing work for some of the top pvpers on the shard; Kage, Speedy, and Soulweaver.

I'm stuck in the same guild foever? really. OMG HALLLLP! I'M A PVPER STUCK IN THE BEST DAMN PVP GUILD ON TEH SHARD! WTH AM I GONNA DOOOO!!! HAALLLLPPPPPP!!!!! I have no intention of going anywhere but I also know I'd probaly have an open invite anywhere I considered unlike you Queen ED!

You searched 20 of my posts? Stalk much?

Thx for the worship and don't blame me because you sux ballz at imbuing!

27. Diablo FTW

Diablo FTW Visitor

fail much....

28. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Please elaborate...

29. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Did you really just ask Diablo to elaborate? Please reconsider!

30. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

This goes to show you parents were wrong all the years children shouldnt be heard OR seen..

31. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Part of the reason I had an auction of my books was because I was scared EA/Mythic/Bioware might have done something. But at the end, I drove up the prices on the remaining books. I still have several general-books I never sold.

Muahahahaha

32. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Hello Sweeney,

I am glad for you having remaining books. I am glad others bought your extra books. For the record, I own one of these special book which I got from an
    IDOC I did. It is aiding my PvM gathering of resources. I do not do Pvp except
    when forced upon me.

The developers really do not want to do anything with the Generals Event
    spellbooks. At the time, few were upset with these item.

If the developers do anything they will just remove these books from SP.

The recent Poll on this item was about just that.
    Who is really more upset about these spellbooks.
    The PvMer or the PvPer.
    It seem to be if you do not have one it is bad for your pvp game.

A better view should be, just how many non-pvpers have these spellbooks.
    Will not removal cause a reduction of their PvM activities?!

Most of the PvPing activities have a behavior problem which effects the
    return of looted items, mostly Faction artifacts. If you want to improve
    the PvPing on this shard then you need a better reason to fight.

Change the Paradigm of Conflict among the PvPers. The developers have no
    control of this, the players do!

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

33. Scuzzlebutt

Scuzzlebutt Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Clueless as usual.
    The arguement is not over an unbalancing issue in PVP. It is about the blessed tag they possess. Some folks just can't get over the fact that they were blessed here in the first place. Judging from most of the names on the no list in the poll I'd say usually older players that have no identity in the pvp community. If they help a PvM character or a resource gatherer with their daily needs I see no reson to remove them,as those are the only folks that will suffer. I've never owned one, I've never ran with one and I likely never will. I just don't care that they are here. It has been stated several times over, they are not a desirable item for most people that know what they are doing on the field.

34. Scuzzlebutt

Stratics Veteran

I seem to remember pet bonding, pet balls, insta log stabling being introduced. Was that for the fishermen of UO?

Did you honestly feel that 25 dragons in tow or insta kill pets did not need to be nerfed?

And I would like to introduce you to common sense. Why the hell would a PVP tamer bless a piece of jewelry with 15 skill points or even be wearing a shield?

BTW, It's pretty obvious who you are. Most of us could tell with your first condescending post about imbuing. Ban evade much?

35. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

Yer the man!:thumbup:

36. Scuzzlebutt

Stratics Veteran

Pffft, I already knew that.

37. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Actually it is!

I have been on Siege for about two years, before that I played Atl for two and the rest of my 12 years where spent on Chessy and let me tell you what, except spawns both Atl and Chessy sport the same 15-30 pvpers everynight!

The big difference between Siege and Prodo (imho) is the steath aspect!

On prodo you need to chase someone into a trap (hidden gank squad)

On Siege the hidden gank squad come to you... other then that pvp is about the same.

Also please understand that I would love to add 10 steps to stealth or make animal form take a control slot. If you read my posts I hate Hide/Stealth but at this time I have no choice! My guild is very short on mages and with no invis/heal I need smoke bomb to live!

If people would just fight I think alot of people would drop stealth and use a shown template. But...every guild runs a dismounter regardless of the situation so it looks like stealth is here to stay!

38. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

Those 15-20 are spread out between three major guilds...dont you think theres something wrong with only three guilds fighting every night?Theres one thing i agree with you dismount has ruined pvp for solo pvpers but ive been saying that since forever...it allows ganks...

39. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I fight is a fight, look at the server wars, was the same 20 people, 10 from each guild and it was a blast!

I just want to see orange, simple, does not matter to me how many guild there are!

Its actually kind of fun to see what field alliance will pop up on any given night, trust me it goes any and every way!

The truth is that your basic UO player does not pvp by choice, thus we have only the hardcore lunatics out looking for action every night! I myself am happy to craft, spawn or farm if no pvp happens, not true for all.

The one thing people need to accept is that todays UO is not 1999, when that happens and they MOVE forward instead on looking BACKWARDS the game will get healthy, never back to what it was but better!

Take a given day and how many people post here and say "I quit pvp years ago...pvp is all item based...remember naked mage duels" you can go on and on! If they would just jump into todays UO they would find out that is it in fact fun!!

Woot!

40. Sunchicken

Sunchicken Guest

Im going to say i disagree. I have pvped on Atl and Gl and it is no where near the same as pvp here. It happens at a such a faster pace. You cannot make mistakes there like you can here and survive...

Dismounters are needed in pvp now. Everyone runs for the most part even 1vs1.

41. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

CanĀ“t blame me for trying... :D