1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] Blessing or Engravings Rares?

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Tangled Metal, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Tangled Metal

Tangled Metal Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I just wanted to open up a discussion to get opinions on the following:

Does Blessing a Rare or EM Event Item devalue it?
    Does Engraving a Rare or EM Event Item devalue it?

Of course you can UN-engrave an item, but in general does blessing or engraving take away from the value or add to it?

(edited to a more suitable title)

2. Buns Of Glory [ATL]

Buns Of Glory [ATL] Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Hmm I wouldn't think so... but then again people frown on me for imbuing my event items~! =D

3. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

that is a really good question. i wouldnt see either as being an issue IMO...i see the engraving as perhaps a good thing since it adds to the history of that item.

4. Buns Of Glory [ATL]

Buns Of Glory [ATL] Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

5. Nh'bdy

Nh'bdy Guest

Engraving can be removed, blessing is really nothing but helpful, and if it's a PBD that can be removed. Imbuing would be the real issue, unless it were something like that imbued painting.

6. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

gms remove those PBD now if you do not have the original owner present?

7. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

It really depends on what exactly the item is and what is being done to it. Some clothing is worth more unblessed such as the green/blue clothing as it can be used to make other types of clothing. Engraving I haven't tested to see if the removal of the engraving leaves a blank strip in the item description or not. Some things like containers if it can't be fully returned to its original condition might cause some loss of value. As far as imbuing, once an item has been imbued it has a shelf life... granted a really long one if its used regularly, but still a shelf life. I personally prefer unaltered items although I make an exception on my [exceptional] runebook collection for the purposes of organization and the fact I don't plan on getting rid of them unless I was to leave uo which I have no intention of doing.