1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Blacksmithing] Blew up an item enhancing w Forged Tool .....

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Loren, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Loren

Loren Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Reforged a shield with some MR and MI, Luck 110, FC 1. PoF'd it all the way from 28 to 255, Imbued with Spell Channeling (dropping FC 1). Grabbed some gold ingots, activated Forged Metal Tool of Artifacts, enhanced shield with Gold Ingots.

No failure message. Just the usual about "you feel aura return to normal, etc etc". No item destroyed message. But its gone. And I got the message "A charge has been refunded to your Forged Metal of Artifacts Tool".

This is a new one for me.

2. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

Yeah, I've never seen that before, and I've made a bunch of 190 luck pieces...

3. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I've had a slightly different problem. I used the tool and got the message about next item will 100% etc etc. then I ended up not using it and lost a charge. I can't remember what I was doing or why I cancelled as it was a while ago but that was annoying.

4. Loren

Loren Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

It was a bronze shield, just chose it at random from the gump. Reforged 4 with the last bit of a Bronze Runic (coincidence) Hammer. Powerful+ 2 Names, + Choosing the Names. I was after LMC and Spellchanneling, maybe a bit of luck, so I chose a few to be Mystic/Auspicious and a few Arcane/Auspicious. One, ended up with the +FC 1 and MR so I said ok. The rest is included above. I was looking in my bag for it, thinking wth, and then I saw the message about a charge refunded...

DJ, unfortunately that is how it works. If you buff up and cancel it, you lose it. I have never gone across a maintenance period holding a charge, but generally it will "stay". You can always check by making the next piece you want to enhance, and click the tool. If you still have buff it will tell you.

I need nothing from my shield slot at the moment, and mage is overcapped on FC, so I made a basic wooden, got 150 on it, imbued spell channeling and eat the FC penalty.

5. Han Telemnar

Han Telemnar Adventurer

I had some issue with item disappearing. Not sure if it was due to the EC or me using Pinco's. They reappeared in my pack after resurrection from death. Try that.

6. Caelyr

Caelyr Adventurer

If you've used the tool but not put the 100% effect to use, your next use of the tool will remove its effect from you and return the charge to the tool. The effect seems to stay toggled between logins and even between server reboots. This is something I learnt recently, but had the good fortune of scoring that impossible enhance without the effect of the tool.