1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard to Purchase UO IP, Assets for 2450 Euros, and a Promise to Add in Dwarves!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Llewen, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Well, it looks like EA has finally decided that the historical importance of Ultima Online outweighs it's desire to utterly destroy all the companies it purchases.

I especially liked this quote from some EA exec who wished to remain anonymous.

"We decided that we just didn't like the average UO player, but there was this one guy that used to ask us for spare change when we played golf, I have no idea how he got onto the greens, but somehow we got into a discussion about all things UO while we were pointing out the fact that no one carries spare change anymore, and he told us he had been playing UO for thirteen years - apparently one of the volunteers at the soup kitchen he frequented would let him play on her laptop.

Anyway, to make a long story even longer, he just seemed like such a nice guy, and his happiness seemed so dependent on the continuation of UO, that we decided not to fire all the UO developers and close down the servers, and instead worked out this deal with Blizzard. There was also a verbal agreement that they would relocate to Fairfax, and send over a consultant to help teach us how to get gamers and small rodents not to think we were complete ***holes..."

Here's a link to the press release.

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Re: Blizzard to Purchase UO IP, Assets for 2450 Euros, and a Promise to Add in Dwarve

Bad Llewen!! Naughty!

3. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Re: Blizzard to Purchase UO IP, Assets for 2450 Euros, and a Promise to Add in Dwarve

:D :D :D

4. Pfloyd

Pfloyd Colorblind Collector
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hehe, nice one. first of the day?

5. Calis M^N

Calis M^N Guest

that's funny!

6. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Shame on you!

7. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

DWARVES!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Re: Blizzard to Purchase UO IP, Assets for 2450 Euros, and a Promise to Add in Dwarve

I knew there was something I liked about that guy :)

Nicely done, sir!

9. Vlaude

Vlaude Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Wow, I totally thought was an April Fool's joke until I clicked on the link.

Good find Llewen.

10. Ahuaeyjnkxs

Ahuaeyjnkxs stranger diamond

The link itself is called april's fool...

fail... :danceb:

11. Siteswap

Siteswap Visitor

Absolutely hilarious. My sides are splitting. I really didnt see that one coming...

/end sarcasm

12. Ahuaeyjnkxs

Ahuaeyjnkxs stranger diamond

Sarcasm, the big brother of hate ? :talktothehand: