1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Blog problems

Discussion in 'EA Land/The Sims Online Stratics Forums' started by Guest, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

So lately I have not been able to connect to the blog from school. if I go home and try to connect, I can, but at school I get "There was an error connecting to the server. Please check to see if you are online blah blah blah"

I know I am online because I can go to any other site I want to, but not the blog.

Any ideas why?
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

Could your school/work be blocking the site? Could your school/work have a firewall in place to block that site?
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

It would be weird if they did because they don't really block any other sites.
  4. Peppie

Peppie Guest

yah im @ school right now cant visit tso-e.com also
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

Yea Im on a college network so I essentially live here. It's saddening :/
  6. Monkeybear

Monkeybear Guest

I can't view the blog.
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

Me neither, maybe its a similar issue as we had recently where certain parts of the world weren't able to connect.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Fwiw, the News section on the main page of stratics is reposting the blog entries.

I know it isn't the same thing as being able to read the original and comment. But maybe it will tide you over until you can access the blog:

I put the rss feed of the blog on my Google home page. Using something like a Reader, iGoogle or a blog subscription manager might also be a workaround for those without direct access.