1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Blood Oath?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Death Adder, May 25, 2010.

1. Death Adder

Death Adder Guest

Isn't it supposed to be affected by Resist Spells now? However, my 120 Resist char was Blood Oathed by a 100 Spirit Speak necro and there was no reduction in the normal reflected damage.

2. Alezi

Alezi Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

It only affects the duration.

3. AzSel

AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Although Blood Oath never misses while in effect, Publish 48 of November 27, 2007, increased the effectiveness of Resisting Spells against it.

Resisting Spells will now allow you to reduce some damage from Blood Oath ((resist spellsx10)/20 + 10=percentage of damage resisted)

So at 120 resisting spells you'll reduce 70% of the damage reflected back at you.

4. Speaking the Truth

Speaking the Truth Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

The damage isn't reduced based on your resist. The duration is shorter as Alezi said.

5. AzSel

AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Its not something I cooked up myself, I copy pasted the publish notes from 2007.

6. AzSel

AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe he evil omened you first? That halfs your resist skill check.

*shrugs*

7. It's actually both, not one or the other. It reduces the duration and the damage both.

8. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I thought that change was to make PvM more enjoyable, like against a Dark Father? I don't remember it being PvP specific.

9. That's exactly why it was made. People were tired of 1-hit killing themselves so the Devs changed how blood oath works against Resist.

10. AzSel

AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Yes it was pvm focused yet it also hit pvp. Resist reducing the damage from blood oath does make sense *Im a fan of magic resist and personally cant see it ever affecting enough spells*

11. Death Adder

Death Adder Guest

My point is that it is SUPPOSED to reduce the damage taken but it DOESN'T. It must be bugged.

Again, my character with 120 Resist Spells was Blood Oathed by a necromancer with 100 Spirit Speak (we were testing so there was no Evil Omen cast first). I received 100% of the damage I then inflicted upon him with a shortbow (he received 120%, as normal). If Resist Spells actually reduced the reflected damaged, it would have done so in my tests, which it didn't.

The testing characters were unguilded.

12. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I'm 99% sure the damage reduction portion was exclusive to PvM.

13. AzSel

AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe it is then, Im not too updated on fel pvp (only trammel pvp(rp) and its got precious few necromancers.

14. Or your character is. It's always worked just fine for me.

15. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

I remmeber that. People reactions when they first got hit with BO by the dark father Priceless. Swing oooooooo. What happened?

16. Capt.E

Capt.E Guest

For pvp it is duration only. I have no clue about pvm, when I see the hand I stop.

17. Death Adder

Death Adder Guest

Hm, that would suck. Anyone else get a damage reduction for Resist vs. Blood Oath in PvP?

18. chuckoatl

chuckoatl Guest

there is no reduction of damege in PvP. You get hit for 40, the person dealing the damage gets hit for 40. Only time I think the damage is different is an AI. I think the caster gets hit for 42 and the dexxer gets hit for 35..... I may be mistaken though.

19. Capt.E

Capt.E Guest

That is correct numbers for AI. However, that is how the spell works. Caster takes slightly more damage.

20. Death Adder

Death Adder Guest

Yes, the target of Blood Oath takes 100% of the damage they inflict, but the caster takes 120%. So there is a tradeoff to casting BO in that you are more vulnerable to damage.