1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Bloodied Sash and Werewolf Form.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by WarderDragon, Feb 10, 2011.

1. WarderDragon

WarderDragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni BRPA

I propose a method in which a character can maintain his transformation in to the daylight hours.

The Bloodied Sash is a nice RP tool but hard to take advantage of IC with UOs rapid night cycle.

2. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I agree. However, do the Hag's quest a few times and you'll be waiting for night forever at some point, hehe (yeah, I know, no one does the Hag's quest anymore, some people probably don't even know what it is by now, haha).

3. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

actually, I was just thinking about making a few runs. I have picture/coords of all the maps numbered and set up in html. I was thinking I'd ask Basara if he wanted them for his stickie in the noobie/help section on that quest.

4. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Does wolf form offer any non-RP benefit?

Example: I throw on the orc form magik flippers on my stealther when I see someone wearing the conjuror's trinket or if they are using an undead slayer when I am sneaking up to them at a spawn. I get that double damage bonus to them.

Is wolf-form the opposite of any slayer type?

5. [JD]

[JD] Guest

ok how does that opposite slayers for pvp thing work again?

if someone has conj trinket i have to orc form? could i just use a repond slayer or is the form change required?

also what is the orc form item called and are there other forms which are opposed to other slayers?

thx

6. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

If someone is wearing the conjurer's trinket (undead slayer) you can polymorph into an orc and your spell will now deal double damage to him.

If that scenario works consistently, then you should be able to deal double damage to other people holding a repond slayer spellbook or weapon while in wraith form. Or Daemon form vs Elemental Slayers.

I have yet to test other combinations other than Orc form vs Undead talisman.

7. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

when i as a gargoyle turn into wolf form I cannot fly

8. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Next time you see someone on top of a dread mare wearin the taming talisman that is bird slayer, hop into wraith form and check your damage :thumbup1:

9. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe people in vampiric embrace!

10. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

hm ... bird and undead? weird, you're saying bird acts like repond?

well, wolf has one slayer in game, not sure there are any opposites.

11. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Vampiric embrace isn't a slayer type?

12. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I don't know for sure TBH. I only have 1 tamer that uses that tally and it was a few months ago I was running through despice and I got lit up. Wasn't sure if it was the rat men mages or the opponents in wraith form.

13. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Right! But it feeds into the whole Twilight (ugh!) lore thing of vampires and werewolves being some kind of mortal enemies. So I'm guessing its primarily RP.

There were several posts asking for something like this over a year ago from fans of the series. Creating something that actually allowed for more damage against Sampires while making oneself vulnerable to them would be showing an acute lack of knowledge about how well the build works in actual PvP.

(samps, that is)

14. Bianca_CoD

Bianca_CoD Sage
    Stratics Veteran CoD

Twilight isn't the creator of the vampire vs. werewolf lore. Meyer happened to have used that lore in her books... and subsequently the movies, also the movies of Underworld --- Vampires vs. Lycans --- used the same lore as well. It has been more evident in the scripts and literally writings of recent time however...

There have been allusions to a battle between vampires and werewolves called the Trajanic Wars. In 101-102 AD and 105-106 AD, there were two short wars between the Roman Empire during Trajan’s rule, and the Dacian kingdom, which had become a threat to the Empire. It was said that during that event the Dacian vampires betrayed the werewolves, which were their servants, to the Romans, and this unforgiveable act caused werewolves and vampires to become eternal enemies. Though the Trajanic War (also called the Dacian War) is a true part of history, the vampire and werewolf angle, of course, is only a myth.

Thought I'd share... :)