1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Blue crystal

Discussion in 'UHall' started by shulginist, Oct 26, 2009.

1. shulginist

shulginist Guest

Sorry if I missed it in another post somewhere but would like a little clarification. I have used two blue crystals on the yellow ice fiend looking guy and both times it said he feels a little better. How many do I have to use on him? I used them at different times was that a bad idea? If it does take x amount of blue crystals can I use say a few today and a few tomorrow and still add up or does it have to be within a certain amount of time. Thanks for your time.

2. Zapatista

Zapatista Guest

Lets just say I've burned 50 on two, and got nothing.

3. shulginist

shulginist Guest

WoW, anyone have any better results?

4. Odin of Europa

Odin of Europa Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It depends if others are healing too.

And I think the person who heals last, to cure them, is the only one who gets the reward.

I used 10 on one and got a robe :)

Used more on another and got nothing :(

5. rareitem

rareitem Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Erm let me see Im WORKING GETTING BLUE GEMS TO JUST LET ANOTHER ONE GET THE REWARD............................am I right is this how it works ????

6. majires

majires Guest

Yes exactly it

Same with the toymaker if you don't hand him 5 red ones

7. Walker B

Walker B Guest

1. Once an NPC is cured, do they ever change back?

2. Where are the locations of the NPC gypsies, I've found only 2.

3. I keep getting blue gems for a reward, is it random or do I need to do something different. was really hoping for a red one.

4. If I do ever get a red one, where do you turn that in at?

8. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

There are several in Shame at the Mage Towers. It takes up to 50 blue gems to cure one gypsy. It is a collaborative effort and only the last person who does the curing gets the reward.

It should be about 45% Red, 45% Blue, 10% Yellow.

The toymaker. You need to turn in 5 or less depending on how many other people turned in.

9. Walker B

Walker B Guest

Thx for reply! what about the npc gypsies. Do they ever change back so someone else can cure them?

10. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I used more than 50 on one without it curing him, so your "up to 50" is wrong.

11. JC the Builder

Stratics Veteran

Well I guess it is random. All the ones we encountered so far were under 50.

12. jaraxlebaenrae

jaraxlebaenrae Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

And what this has spawned is someone camping the toymaker, then turning in 1 to your 4 and getting the reward....makes sense why people are hanging around there

13. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have yet to find anyone to heal been through shame and despise

14. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

dont know what ya'll talkin bout, i turned in 2 red and came back hour later and turned in another 3 for a mask, reds shouldnt have anything to do with other players. dont think the blues do either, if so its a pretty stupid system.

Storm, one is at the ice fiends in Ice dungeon, there should be another in the mage tower in shame lower levels

15. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Seriously? That one has to be a bug....

They do, it is.

16. JC the Builder

Stratics Veteran

For the red crystals, the first time you hand one to the toymaker he gives you a costume. Then for every 5 you hand in he gives you another. It is not collaborative and it tracks how many you handed in.

The blue crystals to heal Gypsies is collaborative.

17. Tyranissa Wrath

Tyranissa Wrath Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

First session: 10 Blue, 3 Yellow, 1 Red. Now, where to put the damn things...?

18. Xalan Dementia

Stratics Veteran

well if blues are collaborative, wonder if any of the npcs will get healed, last halloween dont think any skull totems got destroyed. would think theyd learn from that

19. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

The difference is that this year the person who does it last actually gets something for it.

20. Xalan Dementia

Stratics Veteran

well theres still no confirmation i guess, wonder if maybe it tracks how many blues ya have used and when someone heals em might give ya something. meh, prolly wont have any true confirmation till its over

21. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

If it were like that I would ahve gotten something for the 50+ I poured into one today rather than nothing. It is literally only the last person to use one.

22. JC the Builder

Stratics Veteran

The reward only goes to the person who successfully cures the gypsy. You could use 30 blue crystals and get nothing. Someone can then use 1, cure the gypsy and get the robe.

23. Well, on my first round this morning I ended up with 26 blue, 3 red and 1 yellow. I think the reds are a little less then that percentage.

24. Urk of LS

Urk of LS Guest

Where is the Toymaker?

25. Urk of LS

Urk of LS Guest

Never mind answered my own question.

26. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

So . . . all the gypsies on Atlantic appear to be healed. Think these will be reset eventually?

27. JC the Builder

Stratics Veteran

I collected about 60 blue and 55 red. Don't know why yours is so different.

28. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

43 to cure one here.

29. Lady_Kat

Lady_Kat Guest

It took me 43 to cure Jared. Got a lovely Conjurer's Garb for my trouble though.

30. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Wasted 35 crystals on one, and he still wasn't healed. Kindof stupid...

31. Chrille

Chrille Journeyman
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Glorious Lord

Ive got 2 robes so far. First took around 41 second took 45 blue crystals. My tip is to gather 50 crystals before starting using them. Then if someone else has cured the gypsy you will have to use less but you will be able to finish it if its from 0 and not waste/ use any extra for you friends! I also used my first 25 or so blue ones to other of my allied friends robes.

32. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I've got about 60 blues now. Another ten or so and only a maurading crystal chucker can stop me from curing one of those poor transients.

33. THyRoID99

THyRoID99 Guest

How are you guys getting so many crystals? At the rate the essence drosp for me it takes about an hour or more per crystal. :\

Edit: Nvm, figured it out ;)

34. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Kill as many things as fast as you can and forget about the Halloween special rewards. I usually only get enough essence to transform from one bunch of moongrass but I am sure other people are doing much better.
    Forget about Brit cem, Shame and Despise, even on dead shards they are crowded.

35. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I did a little bit today, basically once you get the four essence thingies to get to go into monster form go to an uncrowded dungeon (fel ones are good but you can't recall out which cuts into your time) then get your essences fast, go to hag and get a new soul harvest jar thingy asap and keep doing it till your monster form wears off. It's like 10 minutes you get so be as speedy as possible.

I think you get essences faster from higher level monsters, but haven't tested that yet. I just did it twice and have 8 or so crystals now (first run thru I was a bit slow).

36. Stigmatas

Stigmatas Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

That is just ****ed up. A dev needs to be publicly flogged for this.

37. Vyal

Vyal Guest

I turned 4 blues and got a robe ;)

BTW Destard is a good spot to farm the red sparkles but I usually go to the orc cave make one trip in takes me 20 seconds to fill up then im out and do it again in another 20 seconds I will go first time at the front and go in then go to the back and go forward then front and back letting the sparkles respawn....

& I dont know about you all doing this but if you can go into ice and lure the entire place to the entrance then mark a rune in the back it works well since the ice knocks people outa form.

ALSO another tactic is releasing a buncha harbringers at the hag and letting them kill everyone trying to do the quest.

Ir your on a big shard and its hard to get sparkles.

38. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Are we sure there is an additive effect for the blue crystals to heal the gypsy? Or is it just a random chance when you use the crystal that it will heal him? If so, there should be no need to stash 50 and then try. I can see you'd probably have success if it is a random chance of approximately 1:50 to heal. Then the real need for 50 blue crystals is to make sure you succeed and no one heals the gypsy instead of you.

-OBSIDIAN-

39. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Nope. You are wrong. You are getting blue gems so you have a chance of getting the reward. Nowhere does it say 'You are entitled to a prize for handing in 50 blue gems', any more than you are entitled to win the lottery because you made the effort of filling in a ticket.

You want certainty? Don't do the quest, I can absolutely guarantee you won't get anything. As it stands, you might drop one gem on him and get the rare because other people have dropped gems on him. Wonder if you'd be so annoyed if that happened...

40. Mr. Smither1

Mr. Smither1 Seasoned Veteran

I have yet to see a gypsy anything but cured on Atlantic, I have all the spots marked and I recall around checking them as often as I can.

41. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable

Would it have been so terrible for most of the player base to have the robe? This quest introduces an item that every player will want but few will get. I wouldn't even mind a nonrepeatable quest that required 100 blue crystals as a turn in that helped cure the ncp and gave out a robe. I am turning in the crystals as a role playing aspect because I do want the npcs to be cured, but I fully expect to walk away empty handed.

42. i've been selling my blue gems to certain guilds that are camping the gypsies. i already got a robe from a harbinger, and honestly 140 luck doesn't appeal to me as much as the 2 MR does. made about 6 million selling 80 or so crystals, good deal since the robes themselves aren't selling all that well. :thumbup:

43. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Probably not - but that's a VERY different question ;)

44. They Call Me Al

They Call Me Al Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I don't know what kind of confirmation you guys want, but it takes exactly 50 blues to cure an infected. My guild and I have done 6 of them on our shard and found 7 different locations in which they spawn.

I say this once again. Without being touched by anyone else, IT TAKES 50 BLUE CRYSTALLIZED ESSENCE TO CURE THE GYPSIES.

Now commence saying I'm wrong and blah blah blah.

45. see, why couldn't there have been this much ambition when yew needed curing?

oh yeah, no carrot at the end of the tunnel.

46. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

ROFL, ok time to say your wrong and blah blah blah...
    Hate to burst your bubble but the 2 times I did it it didn't take 50. And They weren't healed by anyone at all before me I can assure you. My first one took 49 and my second one took 47.

47. Kri

Kri Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Just did my first (Jared) and I was sweating because it took 49 and I only had exactly 50 (after many, many hours of work!) :gee:

48. Norther

Norther Guest

Anyone have a respawn rate on the gypsies?
    The very least they could have done is have a higher respawn rate on these.

49. UltimatePower

UltimatePower Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

The npcs are also located in fel, but be careful those gems arent blessed.

50. Norther

Norther Guest

Actually Im standing in front of one this minute just wondering if anyone knows how long between curing them and them changing back into monsters?

WooHoo got one.
    BTW took me 46 and I saw him transform into monster. I'm Gonna check back every half hour to try to get respawn time.