1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Blue crystals, use?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Trevelyan, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

This has probably been answered but, weren't blue crystals going to be used for something other than the original cure for a robe?

Maybe I got that wrong, maybe it was red ones instead but I thought that it was the red ones that we *couldn't* use later?

2. Tazar

Tazar Guest

We were told to save blue ones as they would have another use in the upcoming event series. No clue what or when yet though...

3. Cirno

Cirno Purple Pony Princess
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

You can turn your blue crystals in to me, and in return you'll receive... a freed-up lock down :D

4. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The blue ones will be used as a bonus in the upcoming 'rebuilding Magencia' story arc.

5. Cirno

Stratics Veteran Alumni

Was that ever confirmed by the devs?
    I only remember it being a speuclation

6. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

in this post Sakarrah specifically mentions blue crystals being used in the story of Magencia

7. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable

Thou after the farce that was Sarah the costume collector and the red crystals, they will probably just work as an amount of resource. So instead of handing in 10 logs you hand in 1 crystal.
    Its sounding very much like they have 'borrowed' the community structures way of building from Istaria(Horizons) for the Magencia re-build.

8. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I'd disagree on the "borrowing" from any other game. UO has had similar things for ages - just not on the scale of Magincia. The Fortifications in the pass between Brit and Despise and the pass between Brit and Skara-Brae were "built" through a community contribution system. There are other older examples scattered through UO History as well.

9. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable

Well i really hope they have stages, where we can see things happening in Magencia and not just X ammount of resources then you see to finnished product on the next server up.
    We have scaffolding in game allready and it really does incourge people to continue working towards a goal if they see stuff happening.

Although if they want anything other than Iron and plain wood in the current climate then Magencia is gonna be barren, that stuff costs a fortune now and most wont give it away to rebuild something they probably wont use anyway.

10. Fink

Fink Guest

Nystul's Exodus Tower Detector was my favourite. Something like that would be good, although the scale would be much bigger.

11. Cirno

Stratics Veteran Alumni

Thanks for the answers.
    Although how they'll be used isn't really defined, it doesn't even really say that they'll play a part in the rebuilding itself, only the arc.

I collected anough blues to completely hal a gypsy, then I realised that I didn't know where the gypsys were spawning.
    It seemed more interesting to gamble on the future use, than to gamble on getting sniped by a stealther with healing a gypsy.

Besides, the 140 luck robes are 15mil now, which would have been 300k per blue when they were available. It seemed likely that now they're finite, they'll have a greater value.