1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Boat navigation

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Slayvite, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Just wondering if theirs anything to make navigating your boat around a little easier than checking a sextant every few seconds?
    I'm new to the whole boat thing, if i hand my tillerman a map say from Vesper to Moonglow. Will he do the navigating or just stop at the first obsticle he comes across?

If theirs nothing like an auto navigation, how about making an Enchanted map sort of item for gamecodes site where you can just type in the co-ords and your tillerman will take you their?

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

3. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Try the enhanced client. (I know... I know... no one likes it)

The map can be easily zoomed out to see the long distance routes better, and with Pinco's Interface (maybe even in default), the coordinates are printed at the bottom of your radar map.

4. gunneroforgin

gunneroforgin Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

A couple of things make navigating my ship easier, a program called uorudder, a use last object, last target macro. ( Start the macro click the sextant and it will automatically show coordinants untill you cross a server boundry then you have to start the macro again. It is also useful when fishing). Get a player with cartography to make you a world map. you can set the pins on the map to where you want to go. drop the map on the tillerman and say "start" or click start from the uorudder program. the cool thing about the UOrudder program is you can navaigate the ship while still riding a pet. Uorudder is available on the right side of the main stratics page. it is a free download.

5. DenAlton036

DenAlton036 Guest

The EC will solve everything! I couldnt imagine playing in 2d anymore.

6. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

The uo cart maping is good for sailing as it gives 2 sets of cords and it floats on top of all apps.

7. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable

Thx Petra, i was wondering about those pins on maps. Should make these fishing quests a liitle easier to bear now :blushing:

8. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

you do know you only need to get into the subserver to finish/get new quests.
    the path from ocollo to floating platform (in almost direct line) is all you have to sail if you wanted to. just gate/recall to the fishing dock.

lorddog