1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Bod Book Changes

Discussion in 'UHall' started by DENNAR, Feb 16, 2012.

1. DENNAR

DENNAR Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

With the changes to BOD's would it be possible at some time to alter the BOD book storage menu?

Instead of having to go nack and forth time and time would it be possible to put pull down menus where you could look for that 20 exe iron plate tunic insteal of all iron 20 exe?

Just asking.

2. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yeah I've always wished you could filter & sort by leather, studded, chain, ring or plate.

3. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah

What is needed for bod books:

1 - Alphabetical Sort
    2 - Ability to 'price all' for whatever you have sorted on
    3 - Ability to add bods while in a secure (like a runebook)
    4 - Storage cost of 1 lockdown like SOT book instead of 1 per 5 bods

If I had that - it wouldnt' be too much trouble to find the chain vs plate etc because it would be alphabetic.

4. AirmidCecht

AirmidCecht twitch.tv/airmid
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

That would be lovely :)

5. Surgeries

Surgeries Grand Poobah

/Signed.

This would be Fantastic!!

:thumbup1:

6. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Metal and leather dyes for BOD books. Sad thing they are charged for. And not a BOD reward.

Name book spine male leather or shadow ringmail. Could even break it down with normal and exceptional book.

Now with bribery that one rare one per set can now be had.

The only reason to sit on more then 10k BODs on one shard now is holding out. A pipe dream that the reward system that is a drive to do something in the game. "Show me the carrot!" Will ever be refreshed. Reforging and imbuing has made a load of fun stuff usless. BODs, Marty, Arty and Specials.

Blanket pricing of one BOD. Price a horn normal female large and every large like it and there smalls all carry that price. Really comes down to what the reward chance for the large is. A small that is priced with none of its larges priced blanket values all smalls just like it. We all know a 15n agi small reward is worth hell lot more then any of the three larges it may fill.

Be nice to load secure or locked down BOD books. Just don't think they will get the BODs to jump back out of the book into our backpacks.

7. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

/This - for ALL menu items, incl crafting

8. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Adding a second page for sorting for item category (leather, female, studded, bone, footwear... or ring, chain, plate, weapon, helm, shield) shouldn't be that hard. Going so far as to specify subtype (plate legs, for example) is a lot harder, and probably not worth the extra effort - it's easy enough to do that last bet of scanning manually.

Bulk BOD pricing is also a similar easy fix.

Specify Tailor or Smith, and a new gump page comes up. Each reward range would have its own box, defaulting to Not For Sale. Each will also have a box for checking "Use price as small BOD", for those smalls that are worth more small than large. You fill in the price for each point value range, click ok, then the BOD book checks each BOD for its point value and type versus those prices. Whichever price is higher (small bod value or LBOD value) would take precedence, unless the "Use price as small BOD" is checked. LBODs and famers only have one calue to check, of course.
    So, a Shadow Ex 15 & Agapite normal 15 would both be priced the same, if you chose the "use price as small" for those point ranges, as they are both 90% POF BODs. Otherwise, their vastly different LBOD values would come into play (Chain in both have the same crappy rewards, but the rewards for ring shadow Ex 15 & plate agapite 15N are quite different, not to mention that the plate agapite is 4 bribes from fitting a Val Hammer LBOD).

Alphabetical Sorting, however, is unlikely to come about for the same reasons that the Dawn's Music Box has such a complicated sort function.

9. 4gregu

4gregu Slightly Crazed

YES!!!
    Alphabetical sort would make my UO life infinitely easier!

10. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor

Just because the previous devs couldn't sort anything beyond 2 items doesn't mean the current devs don't know how to do a proper sort.

Challenge them, maybe we'll be surprised...

11. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

I have my books arranged mostly by type of armor so a book for platemail but then I have so many that I need to seperate out the more common ones like dull copper plate has it's own book and I had to make one for shadow due to IDOC booty (iron platemail has it's own book too).

12. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor

My BODs are arranged similarly. Here's an old pic of my BOD collection.

[​IMG]

There are separated and put in BOD books according to material type and leather, studded, ring, chain & plate. Makes it easier to find BODs quickly but it takes a lot of organization.