1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

BOD bribes

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Theron, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Theron

Theron Sage

Is there a guide to understand the BOD upgrade? I mean if you bribe to get a certain BOD increased in level, can we know into which BOD it will turn?

EDIT: Also, how can I color BOD Books?

#1 Theron, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  2. Marquis de Sade 209

Marquis de Sade 209 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

once i was about to turn in a 15 agapite chainmail LBOd or so I thought. The final BOD (gold 15) turned into a 20 instead of a 15. After spending all that gold it was a waste. I think it is randomized to a point, luckily that only happened once

Theron likes this.
  3. Theron

Theron Sage

So it's pretty much random then....is it even worth using?

4. Marquis de Sade 209

Marquis de Sade 209 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I have had many more good experiences than bad to be honest. I feel it is worth it, that one time was real annoying though

DifferenceDifference likes this.
  5. Theron

Theron Sage

OK, would you know how I can color up my BOD books as well?

6. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You used to be able to buy scrolls from the Origin store to color bod book covers but I don't see them listed anymore. Maybe it was just the Japan site. I don't remember.

You will have to look in game to find some leftovers, or buy bod books that are already colored.

7. Theron

Theron Sage

Ouch...

8. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

I have a black dyed BOD book. I can't recall how I dyed it

9. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

'black' black? or 'shadow iron' black?

10. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

Back to the original question of bribing, it is "random" but not evenly distributed. As a general rule it seems there is about a 50% chance that the deed goes up in color, and then a 25% chance that it goes up in quality, 25% it goes up in quantity.

However, if you have a deed that is already, say, 20 normal iron, then there's a 75% chance it goes up in color, and 25% it goes up in quality.

Most people say "it almost always goes up in color", this is true, but that is mainly because there are more gains to be made in color.

With the fact that most rewards can be gotten a few ways, it's extremely unlikely for a deed to really go to waste. Especially in smithy, where you're nearly guaranteed that any iron armor deed will become either a shadow iron or copper hammer or a PoF - and with ingots that are pretty easy to come by.

11. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

the bod book covers are part of the 11th year collection. Each 'scroll' will cover up to 30 books. I have a set, and while I'm not willing to actually sell them, I am willing to cover one book of each color on Europa for you Theron, if you wish.

Theron likes this.
  12. Theron

Theron Sage

Thanks for the info Petra and for the offer. I'll try to get some myself in due time as it's far from something I really need, I just wanted to be able to visually separate the books. I wouldn't feel right wasting your resources just for that. Really appreciate the offer, another example of how good this community is :)

13. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

Shadow iron black