1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

    In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

    Dismiss Notice

BOD bribes

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Theron, Oct 3, 2015.

  1. Theron

    Theron Sage

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2014
    Messages:
    697
    Likes Received:
    309
    Is there a guide to understand the BOD upgrade? I mean if you bribe to get a certain BOD increased in level, can we know into which BOD it will turn?

    EDIT: Also, how can I color BOD Books?
     
    #1 Theron, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  2. Marquis de Sade 209

    Marquis de Sade 209 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2009
    Messages:
    190
    Likes Received:
    104
    once i was about to turn in a 15 agapite chainmail LBOd or so I thought. The final BOD (gold 15) turned into a 20 instead of a 15. After spending all that gold it was a waste. I think it is randomized to a point, luckily that only happened once
     
    Theron likes this.
  3. Theron

    Theron Sage

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2014
    Messages:
    697
    Likes Received:
    309
    So it's pretty much random then....is it even worth using?
     
  4. Marquis de Sade 209

    Marquis de Sade 209 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2009
    Messages:
    190
    Likes Received:
    104
    I have had many more good experiences than bad to be honest. I feel it is worth it, that one time was real annoying though
     
    DifferenceDifference likes this.
  5. Theron

    Theron Sage

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2014
    Messages:
    697
    Likes Received:
    309
    OK, would you know how I can color up my BOD books as well?
     
  6. Barok

    Barok Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2004
    Messages:
    4,894
    Likes Received:
    330
    You used to be able to buy scrolls from the Origin store to color bod book covers but I don't see them listed anymore. Maybe it was just the Japan site. I don't remember.

    You will have to look in game to find some leftovers, or buy bod books that are already colored.
     
  7. Theron

    Theron Sage

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2014
    Messages:
    697
    Likes Received:
    309
    Ouch...
     
  8. Percivalgoh

    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 7, 2010
    Messages:
    672
    Likes Received:
    24
    I have a black dyed BOD book. I can't recall how I dyed it
     
  9. Barok

    Barok Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2004
    Messages:
    4,894
    Likes Received:
    330
    'black' black? or 'shadow iron' black?
     
  10. Tuan

    Tuan Slightly Crazed

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2013
    Messages:
    1,371
    Likes Received:
    275
    Back to the original question of bribing, it is "random" but not evenly distributed. As a general rule it seems there is about a 50% chance that the deed goes up in color, and then a 25% chance that it goes up in quality, 25% it goes up in quantity.

    However, if you have a deed that is already, say, 20 normal iron, then there's a 75% chance it goes up in color, and 25% it goes up in quality.

    Most people say "it almost always goes up in color", this is true, but that is mainly because there are more gains to be made in color.

    With the fact that most rewards can be gotten a few ways, it's extremely unlikely for a deed to really go to waste. Especially in smithy, where you're nearly guaranteed that any iron armor deed will become either a shadow iron or copper hammer or a PoF - and with ingots that are pretty easy to come by.
     
  11. Petra Fyde

    Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2001
    Messages:
    30,888
    Likes Received:
    5,171
    the bod book covers are part of the 11th year collection. Each 'scroll' will cover up to 30 books. I have a set, and while I'm not willing to actually sell them, I am willing to cover one book of each color on Europa for you Theron, if you wish.
     
    Theron likes this.
  12. Theron

    Theron Sage

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2014
    Messages:
    697
    Likes Received:
    309
    Thanks for the info Petra and for the offer. I'll try to get some myself in due time as it's far from something I really need, I just wanted to be able to visually separate the books. I wouldn't feel right wasting your resources just for that. Really appreciate the offer, another example of how good this community is :)
     
  13. Percivalgoh

    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 7, 2010
    Messages:
    672
    Likes Received:
    24
    Shadow iron black