1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

    In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice

BOD Changes

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Lore, May 18, 2017 at 9:05 AM.

  1. Lore

    Lore Visitor

    Joined:
    May 7, 2017
    Messages:
    27
    Likes Received:
    10
    Where can I read up on the BOD changes that happened while I was away? I know absolutely nothing about BODs. I'm about to make a mule and would like to train using BODs nice and slow instead of grinding in one session. Any help or directions to sites would be very helpful. Thank you all.
     
  2. Petra Fyde

    Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2001
    Messages:
    31,132
    Likes Received:
    5,431
    This page gives the basic info Bulk Orders – Ultima Online
    and links under the 'Points and Banking' heading on that page lead to the individual skills' info
     
    Lore likes this.
  3. Basara

    Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2003
    Messages:
    8,722
    Likes Received:
    784
    If you'd had any experience with the BODs before changes, the only real changes to the Smith & Tailor BODs is that all the randomness was removed, more rewards were added, and you can now pick lower rewards than the point value.

    For example, the 20% chance of Powder of Fortifying from certain low-end BODs is gone, with the POF now acquirable 100% at the point value of the BODs (one reward level up) that used to give it 90% of the time - and the same point value will get you +5 mining gloves instead if you so choose (when the gloves used to be the other 10% of that BOD level, randomly).

    I've a couple charts (linked to somewhere on Stratics) that gives each of the Smith and tailor items by the levels where you can gain on them, depending on what power scroll you've used. It makes a decent guide for training while filling BODs, as you can use those numbers to choose which BODs you can gain on while filling.
     
    Lore likes this.
  4. Lore

    Lore Visitor

    Joined:
    May 7, 2017
    Messages:
    27
    Likes Received:
    10
    Got it, thanks. Banking points was confusing at first.