1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Bod collectors...

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by kelmo, May 16, 2009.

1. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Is there any way to display bods in a book without setting a price on a vendor?

2. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yes. I think you just mark the book "not for sale". And before anyone chimes in with thoughts of exploits- it IS legal to store bods on a vendor. If that doesn't work, the folks over in the Homes and castle forums know how to do it.

3. Nurse Miss Maude

Nurse Miss Maude Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Yes Patty you are right it is legal. I sent a pm to Kelmo. I've seen it done on Atlantic. Not sure how they did it. I can't remember if all the BoDs were viewable if they do not have a price though.

4. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Thank you Nurse Maude. I will check the PM when I get home. My goal is a place where bod collectors can display bods that they might wish to trade. Maybe have a monthy sort of gathering... I am just thinking ahead. I have a bit of work to do before I really get rolling.

5. Nurse Miss Maude

Stratics Veteran

It sounds like a great idea for some sort of BoD swap. Cause yes, we need more events here. Would be good to get that posted in the Community thing when you get it going, so people can see all sorts of things can go on here.
    I logged out, and was trying to get back in on Atlantic when I encountered this log in issue. Later this afternoon (when they get it fixed hopefully), I'll take a run around Atlantic. I'll take some screen shots if I find anything. If I'm remembering correctly you could see the number of BoDs in a book when you cursered over.......BUT if there were no prices you didn't see them when you opened the book. I could be wrong or they could have changed it.

6. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

You should be able to see the bods even if they don't have a price. I remember looking at a vendor in Makoto on Atlantic that had bods on it and I was frustrated because they had one I needed but it wasn't for sale.

I'm pretty sure you set the book to Not For Sale and just don't put a price on the bods themselves. Not positive though, since the only time I've stored bods on vendors is when I had in excess of 4.5k of them sitting in one house.

7. Nurse Miss Maude

Stratics Veteran

Yep Faeryl is correct, seems if you just set the book to not for sale that's how it works and you can see them. Hope this helps.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]