1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

BOD MADNESS!!!!!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by TheLetterQ, Jan 12, 2012.

1. TheLetterQ

TheLetterQ Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

This change has to be the most cool change I think the Dev's have ever made.

I spent last evening messing about with a few bod books copied over from my prod shard on TC1.

I was able to get a valorite runinc hammer BOD set for just over 1mil in gold. Let me just say it's not easy. If you just stand there and keep handing in the bods to the same guys then the cost sky rockets. But if you bounce around to the different shops trading one here and there....you can upgrade fairly cheap.

I started with all Iron 20 EX smalls..and an Agapite 15 EX large. 250k to upgrade the large to val...and then to 20.

Each piece took anywhere from 60-100k to upgrade depending on how the smiths were feeling.

A potential massive gold sink. Makes just about ever BOD have value. You keep any plate bod for a verite or valortie hammer. Chain and Ring deeds get upgraded for either hammers or Powder of Fort.

The whole concept is Fabulous! :thumbup1:

Q

2. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

No limit on the number of times a certain BOD can be upgraded?

3. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Tjalle... there is some info on the test center forums as well.

4. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

People are going to snip your post and say, "1 mil for a val hammer?" And respond with trolling. My question is how will the vendors react on production, and how will they reset. If they're going to be like ingot vendors, for example, then hardcore BOD runners will be all about server-up, huh? ;p my problem with BODs has always been lockdown space, so it's nice to know you can sort of get what you want now via upgrade, or less wait time than just stashing them all away and waiting to win the monopoly game :)

5. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Thanks Kelmo.

6. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor

There are a few limitations with this new system.

1) You don't have control over which aspect of the BOD is upgraded. It seems to upgrade resource type first. So if all you want to do is upgrade from 15 count to 20 count you can't.

2) The item type of the BOD never changes, so you can't start with a weapon BOD and upgrade to a platemail BOD. So if you have been saving tons of weapon BOD's they are still going to be pretty worthless.

7. Wizal the Fox

Stratics Veteran

AFAIK, the Iron and Cloth bods cannot be upgraded to DC and Leather

8. RaistlinNowhere

RaistlinNowhere Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

wizal , have just tried with a 10 HQ iron bod, first try went into 15 HQ iron , second try went into 15 HQ DC. And finally i continued until i had 20 HQ valorite, so yes they can be upgraded.

9. Wizal the Fox

Stratics Veteran

Interesting, I tried many times yesterday without success... perhaps they fixed something which was not intended

10. popps

popps Always Present

The real question, I think, is this process scriptable ?

Because if the Developers were ingenuous to make it a process that cannot be scripted then yes, it is a great change and much welcomed one to the game. But if this new process can be scripted just like the old one was, well, we will just end up seeing tons, but TONS of valorite hammers around.........

11. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

we are trying to compile results and ideas in the Tc forum under the appropriate headings if you all could post findings there we also have had a couple dev posts there ...just saying they are looking at info there

12. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Does it really matter in this case? If the vendors charge X amount to upgrade BODs, then the market will have a set price that a Valorite hammer will be sold at. Probably just above what it costs to actually take it through each upgrade stage... That stated, scripters can do it, but they can't jack up their prices too high. Besides, they're dumping their money into the system as well to do this... Shouldn't cause to much of a ruckus .

Also, you will start seeing TONS of Valorites anyways. With everyone able to do this easily (I use easily because getting a val hammer before was a PITA) they're going to flood the market.

Whether it's scripted or not. I don't see any bad outcome....

13. Goodmann

Goodmann Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

anything in game can be scripted so.............

14. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah

Anyone want to help me upgrade my GL bod collection?
    And the Weapon bods are still useful - you fill and turn in to get more bods. Once you get a plate bod - you start the upgrade process. If you get say plate ex bronze - you are closer to Val hammer than upgrading all the way from iron plate for example.

I'll likely upgrade anything copper and up. Anything iron/dc/shadow nm will get upgraded to EX DC/Shadow for the powder of fort instead.

[​IMG]

15. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

All that crazy gold going to the pixel wasteland is a good thing. And for an honest player, one val hammer taste 100x better then 100 scripted val hammers. Just now feeding this monster gold doesn't have it jumping from backpack to backpack. Bribery system is the greatest thing to come along since the Butcher's skinning or the # crafted option.

As far as flooding the market. How fast does forginging items burn up theese runics doing tasty mods? Sounds like it takes loads of charges to get choice mods. May not be enough runics to feed the modding hunger. So maybe pricing will be stable.

Now does the bribing meter apply to a character or the NPC vendor. Is the next player that comes by going to find a testy NPC for a bribes till server up? And does the BOD bump drop with a bribe apply to crafter's skills or can any swinging Richard Bump a BOD? Guess only need one worked crafter and few points skill smith and tailor on the rest of your characters.

With this new surge of BOD activity I think mining scripters will be an easier find. But as the old system tought us for mining. They had no clue where the val/frostwood spots was located to catch theese fools. So be on mark to say they have no clue where the BOD NPCs are to police up any asshat activity. Hell they didn't even know where the Brit Library is to observer a railer.