1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

BOD Primer

Discussion in 'UHall' started by xxrod17xx, Aug 10, 2013.

1. xxrod17xx

xxrod17xx Adventurer

Hi all,

After reading a thread about BOD books, it got me to thinking. I am on a pretty dead shard and the last person who was selling POF and the like on a regular basis just quit. I have a few BOD books that I found at IDOCs during the great collapse a while back, but I dont know the first thing to do with them. I really dont understand the bribing at all.

If we can make a little primer on BODs here or if you can direct me to a thread that would be amazing. I dont know which bods are 100% trash and which i can bribe up to make it worth it to make my own rewards.

Thanks

2. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

4. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I literally have like 5k tailor BODS..I guess it's time to do research..ugh

5. MissEcho

MissEcho Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

If you use Pinko's with the EC it tells you the bod rewards on the bod. Basically any bod that is not a weapon will bribe up into something you can use, ie iron helmet bods will eventually bribe up to POF or Runic Hammers, same as any armor bod. Some will go higher to Ancient Hammers, 120 scrolls etc but all tend to hit POF or Bronze runics before those higher ones. It just depends on how much you want to spend bribing, given the amount you can sell the reward for + cost of ingots if you have to buy them to fill the bod. Note you can also shop around the smiths/tailors for a cheaper bribe. They can vary by 1000's per bribe so if one is too expensive, try another.

6. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor

Lord Frodo likes this.
  7. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

20n bronze - 10/15n agapite smalls
    10/15x dull - 10/15x shadow smalls
    20n weapon 6 part large
    10/15/20x weapon 2 part large

ARMOR LARGE SETS
    Ring
    10/15n dull - 10/15n shadow
    10/15/20x iron

Chain
    Don't hold your breath! They are good for an anvil chance at 20n shadow - 10/15n bronze. When bribing the normals they goe Exc. Exc need to be bribed up to gold and above for the high end rewards that are not trashbarrel point bait.

Plate
    10/15/20n Iron

If they just had a 20% chance to get insted of an ASH hammer. Powder jugs of 20/30/60 charges in place of 10/15/30 ASHs and a chance of the 60ASH, instead a keg that combines powder up to 1000 charges. I'm sure there is some PVP and Camping skill advantage in there someplace. Guess will never happen.

#7 Warpig Inc, Aug 11, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  8. Chrille

Chrille Journeyman
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Glorious Lord

To get 90% chance and to do small the list is:
    20 excep dull
    10/15 excep shadow
    20 normal gold
    10/15 normal agapite.
    Where I only go for the shadow and dull since its much easier to farm thoose ingots.

9. Fridgster

Fridgster Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I've been using this as a loose guide for when I'm bribing.

Shadow Runic
    10 - Exceptional - Small – Gold (100%)
    10 - Exceptional - Small – Bronze (40%)
    20 - Exceptional - Small – Bronze (100%)
    15 - Exceptional - Small – Bronze (40%)
    15 - Exceptional - Small – Gold (30%)
    20 - Exceptional - Small – Copper (40%)
    Copper Runic
    20 - Exceptional - Small – Gold (100%)
    Bronze Runic
    15 - Exceptional - Small – Verite (100%)
    20 - Exceptional - Small – Agapite (100%)

10. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

Not germane to the topic, but your sig, Fridgster - I actually tried to tip the guys who delivered my washer and dryer, and then the guys who delivered my fridge and stove later. Two different companies delivering for two different stores. All four guys told me that it was forbidden by their companies for them to accept any sort of tips, and two of them actually got offended.

11. Fridgster

Fridgster Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

A few companies do forbid it. Best Buy comes to mind. In general though it's ok. I don't understand why they would get offended. Seems like an odd thing to be offended by.

#11 Fridgster, Aug 19, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  12. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If you want to know which bods are profitable or not - I took a rough stab with some numbers here : http://stratics.com/community/threads/bod-analysis-smith-noncombinable-shields.297334/

The issue though is that ingots prices fluctuate and you have to balance between the value of the ingots and the reward. There are some bods that give POF that are barely profitable to complete given the value of the ingots (say a gold 15 nm) where the chance of POF is low (40%) and value of ingots is high. In those cases you'd be better selling the ingots, throwing away the bod, and buying the POF yourself.

These charts can fluctuate based on ingots prices but you can see what the value of each filled bod is roughly and of course guides you to which ones make sense to 'bribe up'.

13. Speranza

Speranza Slightly Crazed

ARG REALLY!!?!?!?!?!? I've been trying to avoid Pinko's UO but but but... arg! This would be so much easier than my color coded google spreadsheet....