1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

BOD rewards pop-up menu not working in BOD books

Discussion in 'Pinco's UI' started by Leira of Asrai, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Leira of Asrai

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It has been some time since I used the Pinco's UI patch updater. I did recently and now I do not get the BOD reward menu when the BOD is in the BOD book.

You used to be able to get the menu when you hovered the mouse glove over the Small / Large column. Now I don't get the menu at all. It does work when the BOD is out of the book and loose in my back pack.

2. solembow

solembow Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Also noticed that I am having this same problem today. Everything is up to date...logged in and out, restarted etc but to no avail. Anyone else having this problem or possibly have a solution?

3. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

it's not important at this point, when I'll rework the UI I will use a new system for that...

4. solembow

solembow Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Obviously it's important to me or I wouldn't have posted about it. Actually it's one of the better features that keeps me using the UI. If you're a player that does primarily crafting, as I do...being able to see the rewards in the books is VERY important.

So basically you're saying kick rocks until you rework the entire UI ?

5. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

yes, because this UI will not work when the new default will came out so...

6. solembow

solembow Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

So we need to wait for a complete overhaul of the game's UI to come out. Considering how long it took for Vendor Search etc I'm not going to hold my breath.

7. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

We are working on that for months -.-

8. solembow

solembow Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Which was my point Pinco. We're told that things are going to be done and then wait for months/years longer than advertised only to receive buggy/incomplete publishes.

Sorry but it's upsetting when something that we use on a daily basis simply stops working, only to be told that "It's not important". Most of us are trying very hard to justify paying for this game on a monthly basis, and to be told that nothing's going to be done to fix a problem until this secretive new UI is unveiled certainly doesn't help matters. Your UI and it's BOD functionality honestly is one of the only things making this game playable in 2014. When compared to what F2P titles can offer there's really no contest.

Every day it seems like the dev team is actively trying to lose subs.

9. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

and that's why UO is what it is instead of being the best game of the genre :p
    Unfortunately I don't want to spend the little free time I have for something that is going to be trashed :(

10. The Old Man

The Old Man Journeyman
    Premium

That's a worrying remark to come from someone who has been working closely with the dev team.

Pinco, do you know something about UO's future (or lack of it) that the rest of us dont know?

The Old Man

11. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

I'm speaking about my current UI...

12. Zeke

Zeke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Knights of Terra

I think we have a communication problem. What Pinco is saying is that he is working on the NEW UI with the dev that is coming out sometime in the future so doesn't think it's the best use of his time to figure out what the issue is with old UI, spending the time fixing it, since it will all be replaced....

13. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

yes I'm working on a new default UI with the devs, but I'm also working on a new Pinco's UI based on the new improvements of the new default...