1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

    In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

    Dismiss Notice

Bods for Gargoyle pickaxes

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Guest, Apr 24, 2008.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    The chances seem close to even for any of the bods that reward you with a Gargoyle pickaxe. Has anyone found a bod that always gives you a gar pickaxe? We are trying to train up a guild dragon for hunts and our time is limited.
     
  2. Lord Keldon

    Lord Keldon Guest

    What shard are you on? I have 10 or so that are just rotting in my smithing chest. I am on Lake superior.
     
  3. Basara

    Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2003
    Messages:
    8,491
    Likes Received:
    601
    All the BODs that give garg picks are equally likely to give prospector tools...

    Any Exceptional Iron small BOD is 45% Garg Pick, 45% Pros Tool, 10% Studded leather mining gloves.

    Dull Copper 10 & 15 Exceptional smalls, and Bronze 20, Gold 10 & Gold 15 Normal smalls, have a 40% chance of Garg Pick, 40% Pros Tool, 20% Powder of Fortifying.
     
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I printed this out so I would have a record of it. Thanks
     
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    So close but so far away. I am on Cats but thank you for the offer.
     
  6. Avalonia

    Avalonia Guest

    <blockquote><hr>

    The chances seem close to even for any of the bods that reward you with a Gargoyle pickaxe. Has anyone found a bod that always gives you a gar pickaxe? We are trying to train up a guild dragon for hunts and our time is limited.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    You do realise that they are called gargoyle's pickaxes because they drop from gargoyle's as well right? You can get them from farming gargoyles still I believe.
     
  7. Basara

    Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2003
    Messages:
    8,491
    Likes Received:
    601
    Yeah, but the drop from gargoyles can be spotty....

    We used to hunt stone gargoyles as an activity to get picks and to train the newer characters in our alliance. The chance of getting a gargoyle pickaxe off a gargoyle of any type is substantially less than the chance from a BOD. Typically, we'd get one about every 8-10 stone gargoyles, but sometimes we'd go 20 or 30 without one. Other times we'd get 3 in a row.

    God, I hate the broken UO random number generator.....
     
  8. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Yes I knew about farming the gargoyles for pickaxes. We prefer to do the bods as a guild effort..
     
  9. You could also try looking at the NPC vendors in the smith shop and tinker in Luna (I forget which buys them). Some people sell the picks to them when they get them as a reward.
     
  10. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I didn't think anyone would sell them back to the npc vendor. I'll start checking.
     
  11. Basara

    Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2003
    Messages:
    8,491
    Likes Received:
    601
    I sell my excess GPA &amp; sturdy picks back to the smith in Luna, to save the time it would take to normally drop them on the ground. I have UOAssist Organizer agent set to move all the PT's, gloves, Shovels and Picks (both directions gets the Sturdies and the GPA - I then retrieve any GPAs and 200-use shovels I want to keep) to my hot sell bag and sell them to the smith or tinker, as needed. Often, this frees up enough space to turn in another 20 BODs for rewards after the first run, then the return drops a little every time.
     
  12. Duncan, I just found a bunch of picks in one of my characters bank boxes on Cats that i'm not going to use. Your welcome to them if you want them.
     
  13. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Great I would appreciate having them. my icq is 370-721-130
     
  14. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks to Thom and Alarion for the pickaxes they gave me. We now have enough to train up the 2 new dragons we have.