1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Bogus Wow Email..

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kelline, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Kelline

Kelline Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I know this is a uo board but wasnt sure where else to post this, yes its about wow & I know a few play it read here still

funny thing is, I dont have a wow acct. Son does, but its attacthed to his email, not mine. Nor is he thinking of selling it. I mean come on, do they really take ppl for a fool? I give all the info they want & oh yah dont change pw til we r done investigating? pft wiping it clean u mean.

[email protected]hursday, April 2, 2009 11:21 AM

Greetings!
    It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell/trade your personal World of Warcraft account(s).
    As you may or may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.
    If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled. It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees.
    If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership. If the information is deemed accurate, the investigation will be dropped.
    This action is taken because we at Blizzard Entertainment take these sales
    quite seriously. We need to confirm you are the original owner of the account.
    This is easiest done by confirming your personal information along with concealed information about your account.
    You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account by replying to this email with:

Use the following template below to verify your account and information via email.
    * First and Surname
    * Date of birth
    * Address
    * Zip code
    * Phone number
    * Country
    * Account e-mail
    * Account name
    * Account password
    * Secret Question and Answer -Or- WoW CD key

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently. Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.
    We ask you to NOT change password until the investigation is fully completed.
    Blizzard Entertainment Inc
    Account Administration Team
    P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92623
    Regards,
    Account Administration Team
    Blizzard Entertainment

KK I got this posted on a diff board, it is a scam, heres the link to the blizzard site talkin about it & others

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=965511383&sid=1&pageNo=2#34

2. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

From: "wowaccountadmin@blizzard.com" <wowaccountadmin@blizzgrd.com>

That tells it all really to me.

3. Jhym

Jhym Guest

Really?
    * Account password
    * Secret Question and Answer -Or- WoW CD key

^^ That told me right away. No legit organization EVER asks for your password or question/answer. EVER.

4. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Just what I was thinking, lol.

Should respond to the email with bogus information :D

5. It Lives

It Lives Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Wonder why they dint ask for your bank #'s too. Man that stuff irks me!:fight:

6. HillBilly

HillBilly Guest

Too bad there isnt some kinda action that can be taken for emails like this. China blocks its users from Youtube but phishing seems to be OK :cursing:

Domain Name: BLIZZGRD.COM
    Registrar: HICHINA ZHICHENG TECHNOLOGY LTD.
    Whois Server: grs.hichina.com
    Referral URL: http://www.net.cn
    Name Server: DNS29.HICHINA.COM
    Name Server: DNS30.HICHINA.COM
    Updated Date: 26-mar-2009
    Creation Date: 26-mar-2009
    Expiration Date: 26-mar-2010

7. Kelline

Kelline Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I knew it was bogas, wanted to pass it along, but u know, i didnt even knowtice the blizzgrd was misspelled lol. I didnt look at it closely enough. Plus as i said, I dotn have a wow acct, so why on earth would I reply? lol

but yah

acct pw & secure ? I KNEW ea would never ask that, so was aslo thinking wow ppl wouldnt either

I'd just hate for some kid to be like huh? & respond & loss everything

& yah the donotreply but hey send it back to us via email was funny too

8. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Once I saw different email domain names on email address that that was the big 1st flag. Then yes, acct PW & CD key along with secret Quest & Ans. was the next flag. Gotta love clowns like this, like ya said, too bad major fraud / Company impersonation charges couldn't be brought up against people like this.

9. Remyi

Remyi Guest

When you're looking at the domain name in the actual e-mail, it's really hard to distinguish differences. I got an e-mail just like that one, several months ago, and I could not find an error for the life of me. I knew it was fake, on the sole fact that I had never attempted to sell or trade my account, though. So I forwarded it to Blizzard's hacked accounts address.

10. Remyi

Remyi Guest

Subject: World of Warcraft - Account Verification
    Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 21:22:27 +0200
    To:

Greetings,

An investigation of your World of Warcraft account has found strong evidence that the account in question is being sold or traded. As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with Blizzard's EULA under section 4 Paragraph B which can be found here: WoW -> Legal -> End User License Agreement
    and Section 8 of the Terms of Use found here:
    WoW -> Legal -> Terms of Use

The investigation will be continued by Blizzard administration to determine the action to be taken against your account. If your account is found violating the EULA and Terms of Use, your account can, and will be suspended/closed/or terminated.
    In order to keep this from occurring, you should immediately verify that you are the original owner of the account.

To verify your identity please visit the following webpage:
    <removed for safety>
    Only Account Administration will be able to assist with account retrieval issues. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter, and your continued interest in World of Warcraft.

Sincerely,

Account Administration
    Blizzard Entertainment

That's the exact e-mail I got. The url I removed was a link to a "woweurope" website, which was the only flag other than knowing I didn't ever attempt to sell or trade it. I obviously don't live in Europe, so why would I visit a website for the European version of WoW?

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!