1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Boiling Pitch, cannons, whatever else might go in a guard tower?

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Old Wolf, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Old Wolf

Old Wolf Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Hi again!

Two of the towers of my castle are going to have weapons of different sorts on them since they will be a sort of guard tower. What I was wondering was does anyone have any cool ideas for faking any sort of large weapon you mind find in a guard tower, like a cannon? My account is only year 6, so I can't use the real cannons. :(

If you have other ideas for things that could go in a guard tower besides weapons, I'd love to hear those too.

Thanks,
    Old Wolf

2. Old Wolf

Stratics Veteran

I actually started answer my own question, but I would LOVE to hear more ideas.. I have two towers to work on, and besides, I'm not sure this turned out that great:

This was my first stab at a catapult... I feel like it's missing something, but I can't figure out what to add. There's also "boiling pitch" and a barrrel of some more ready to be added. :p Any ideas?

What else could I add... ideas for the second tower?

Thank you!

Attached Files:

3. feath

feath Guest

it needs a wench ... not a girl lol... you've got to put some kind of pulley system. right now, it looks like a teeter-totter.

get a friend who has an account over ... what is it for a cannon, 9 years?... to place a cannon for you. you'd have to make him co-owner long enough for him to place it. it'll stay after you take him off. if you cant find anyone, i'd do it, but since you dont know me...? i've done it for other people.

anyway, i love the catapult!

4. Azureal

Azureal Guest

Winch, hehehehe.

5. ZippyTwitch

ZippyTwitch Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I would add more rocks for a rock pile for the catapult. I would also add a statue or 2 of the armor. To make it look like there are sentries up there watching. A small table with a couple chairs with a chess or checkers boards on the table.

6. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

you can also get a Contract of Employment and have a sentry up there

7. I'm not sure how this would turn out but you could try to use one of the acid ropes, then below it place something like a lockpick to make it look like its hooked to it. The lockpick would act as the release lever and the rope would release, allowing the springs of the catapult to launch the barrel forward.

Infact, a clockwork assembly may work for the same concept. Or just a server-up stolen rope.

8. feath

feath Guest

i used scarecrows, myself ;)

Attached Files:

9. Old Wolf

Stratics Veteran

I was going to add some more rocks, I just don't have any yet. :D

I actually also have the table with chairs and a check board down in the guard room, lol. We must have similar tastes. :)

I like the idea of using a clockwork assembly, I'm going to try to track one down (or go kill golems). If it sits right, that should work well. I think I'll also add a rope sitting next to the catapult. I'll post my results. :)

As for guards, I already have one of my barkeepers used up in the guard room, and the other I wanted to put in the kitchen. Is there a way to raise the number of barkeeps I can have? Or do vendors work decently for guards?

Thanks all!

10. Old Wolf

Stratics Veteran

Unfortunately the clockwork assembly is a no go, it's facing the wrong way and I can't make it sit right. Maybe if I turn the whole catapult though. :)

11. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

I think you can have 3 barkeeps now, I'm sure I have 3 in the AMT, came with the increased storage we got.

12. Old Wolf

Stratics Veteran

It would only let me place 2... but I didn't pay for any expansions, is that what you mean?

13. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

ah, yes, I think it was ML that we got a 20% storage expansion with.

14. Old Wolf

Stratics Veteran

Oh, I have ML, I meant more recently. :)