1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by teutates, Mar 24, 2010.

1. teutates

teutates Guest

Hi all

I was having a discussion about needing the reall skill of taming to bond.
    or using juwells to make it possible :p

And now i'm confused :(

I thought you could also use the jewels to make bonded possible..

But there are those who disagree and say you reall skill only count when trying to bond :p

I'm currently trying to bond with a rune beetle.
    And i was thinking about getting a lesser hiryu faster by equipping a ring and brace that give +bushido to get enough to transfer and bond one earlier :)

I would really like to get this clear because i really dont understand it anymore :stretcher:

So what does count ? only reall ? or modified skill ?
  2. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 26, 2004
    Think I'm the one who contributed to the confusion ... ;)

When I got a Cu Sidhe in particular, but also for my first dragon, from other tamers I found they would not bond until I'd hit the 'real' skill required, although jewels gave me the stable slots and control chance improvements you'd expect.

However, others have said jewels work fine for bonding, as long as you are wearing them at both the first feeding of the pet when you stable it and at the first bonding attempt a week later.... so it may well be I've run across a bug that caused me a problem. The Cu, though, took almost three weeks to bond, so there were plenty of chances for it to do it - I'm quite prepared to assume it just felt bloody minded and didn't want to though, I seem to attract so many other weird bugs and 'features' in UO that I'd not be remotely surprised if I'd hit another one there. ;)
  3. [JD]

[JD] Guest

I have 89 real taming with +26 in jewels and +5 in talisman.. have bonded every single creature I've tried. Greater Dragon, Cu, Hiryu, Swampy, Nightmare, Rune Beetle... It absolutely works