1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Bonding on Siege needs to be looked at

Discussion in 'UHall' started by GoodGuy, Jul 23, 2008.

1. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

because it is BROKEN.

Bonded pets in PVP just do not belong on siege. Its breaking apart the complete spirit of the shard and has been since AOS went active. Its just bogus to fight the same overpowered pets OVER AND OVER AND OVER everyday for the past 5 years. There is no break, killing the pets does nothing to affect there stats the loss isnt enough.

Now you go and add SUPER DRAGONS in when the rune beetles/mare combos were already bad enough, now we have to deal with dragons that hit SUPER HARD are incredibly hard to kill(espically since tamers can stealth off screen and log out then log in in like 10 seconds when it takes at least 30-60 to kill a dragon)

Just remove pet bonding on siege, make it so your pet becomes bonded when you siege bless it. Plus give pets 20 minute stat losses when killed by players and make them only recall to players who log in/out when the pet is a ghost or inactive for at least 30 mins.

2. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Were you killed by another tamer?

*hands GG a tissue*

Sorry to hear that. Who was it?...la

3. Krystal

Krystal Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

/signed

4. fred252

fred252 Guest

Isn't there a siege forum that this should be posted in?

5. Inspector

Inspector Guest

I don't play siege myself, but from the sound of it bonded pets have no business being on seige being its pretty much a blessed weapon....giving tamers 2 blessed things instead of 1.

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Trouble is, it's not just tamers who are affected by the idea. I have a heck of a job getting my crafter's giant beetle rezed when it dies as it is, and no one is going to be willing to fetch fire beetles repeatedly for crafters.

7. Masumatek

Masumatek Guest

Tamers can set up pet stations in town where they sell mounts or pets like fire beetles. Also, fire beetles are a luxury, not a necessity.

Though really, I wouldn't say removing pet bonding would fix the problem. Pets would still be overpowered and while PvP tamers would decrease in number, those left would still be a problem. While some fancy this whole "risk versus reward" thing and might think if someone has to risk an unbonded super dragon it is okay for them to have that power, I do not.

8. Bondage on Siege Perilous, I think I am playing on the wrong shard.

9. Razz

Razz Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Fear pet spell - That'll give the PvM'ers their unber pet and even the odds on PvP.

10. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

It won't really get read there...

11. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

QFT

It seems like every time someone dies to a tamer in PvP, they want to destroy every aspect of the taming/pet system. Reminds me of a less than stellar RL vet I took my pets to a long time ago...no matter what was wrong, he wanted to amputate something (seriously). When my cat managed to get a bell stuck on his tooth from a toy, I was sure he was going to suggest amputating my cat's head. :eek:

I would agree pets are a problem in PvP, but I am getting mighty sick of "let's destroy any joy in having pets" proposals that always crop up in these discussions. :talktothehand:

-Skylark

12. Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Barter Town

I don't know if removing bonding is the answer but... taming existed before bonding was added to the game and it will exist if it is ever removed. I'm pretty sure there was joy for having pets before bonding was ever introduced.

13. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Here's an idea. Let other players gate pets away like we used to be able to do. That was great fun...la

14. Trep

Trep Guest

i have no idea what your talking about. Pets arent a problem on siege....

[​IMG]

15. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

omgooses!

Dragons are terrorizing the place!

Where's there a knight to fight this evil burnination

16. Krystal

Krystal Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

so lame! cant wait till they fix this problem

17. Skwiz

Skwiz Guest

[​IMG]

a siege guild called jsv on the first day of super dragons... yeah its not a problem at all.

18. Remove it/nerf it/don't over look it

19. Skwiz

Skwiz Guest

maybe to not screw crafters.. make it that monsters of a certain barding dif. cannot be bonded.. aka super dragons, rune beetles, ect..

while crafting pets ( fire/pack beetle, pack horses) and mount pets (swampies,faction horses, llamas, horses ect) can still bond?