1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Bonding Pack beetles?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Gideon Catskills, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Ok so I have a blue bettle on my smith and i would like him to bond but every time i drop fruit on him to feed him it just goes into his pack.

So the question is how do i feed a pack beetle? is there some kind of trick? or am i just missing somthing? Thanks -Gideon

2. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Blue Beetles eat raw meat. [​IMG]

3. LOL thanks no wonder he didt like those pears [​IMG] Thanks Frarc

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Don't feel bad, I tried feeding mine corn, hehe. [​IMG]

5. MrMarcus

MrMarcus Guest

Loring your pets before feeding 'em, tells you what they likes for lunch [​IMG]

6. Cacophonix

Cacophonix Guest

It's hard to lore with a crafter though [​IMG]

7. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

It's hard to lore with a crafter though [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

If your crafter is human JOAT will let you lore your tamed pet. It may take a few tries but it will work.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm not sure if mine's greedy, but my thief took her bug when she went raiding provisioners for semi rare nibbles. Dropped some cooked meats on the bug and he ate those too. Apparently Sophia's pets aren't that fussy what they dine on, but then, if your mum was a thief, you'd eat what you found too :p

Wenchy

9. <blockquote><hr>

Apparently Sophia's pets aren't that fussy what they dine on, but then, if your mum was a thief, you'd eat what you found too :p

Wenchy

[/ QUOTE ]You'd have to be a slow learner if your hands cought in the cookie jar at this point...

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I've found that meat eating pets eat all raw meat and all cooked except cooked ribs. Chicken, ham, sausages are all happily consumed.

They'll also accept body parts, which can come in handy if you run out of ribs while fighting undead. Slip it a tasty leg, head or torso and you're good to go.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Aye, I discovered the body parts thing out fishing. Bug doesn't mind his food a little stale and salty [​IMG] I stopped trying to feed things cooked meat after the ribs didn't work. Mmm, maybe there is a use for all that cooked fish Molly stockpiled...

Wenchy

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Sorry, not fish, the only fish they'll eat is that you get when carving a sea serpent.

They will eat roast pigs from titans, ham, sausages, cooked bird, cooked chicken leg and cooked leg of lamb, oh, and bacon. I bonded my dragon with the Valentine bacon [​IMG]

13. UncleSham

UncleSham Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

"They'll also accept body parts,"

hey , even beetles enjoy a little head .

"your pet looks happier"