1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

bonding question

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by YuriGaDaisukiDa, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Do you just need taming to bond, or do you need both taming and lore? i ask because i want to shard taming onto my necro and bond with some kitsunes, i have 3 soul stones, so it isnt a big deal, but its the difference between losing my tamer for one day or two

2. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

You now need taming and lore for bonding. The old formula was 80% taming and 20% lore, but then that was changed because people were get items to get to 120 taming and zero lore and be able to control pets that only need 96 taming/lore or less to control (basically everything at the time except fire steeds, dreadmare and Greater Dragons weren't around, could be controlled to some extent with just 120 taming). Now the formula is 50/50. I guess technically you could have 120 taming and zero and control a 60 or less requirement pet.

3. Can you point to where they mention that change? This is the first I've heard of it.

4. Hinotori

Hinotori Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

You still just need the taming to bond. They didn't change bonding requirement, just the control requirement.

Transfer your taming to your necro and summon a wolf so you can have the foxes transfered (if you didn't tame them already with the necro). Feed with the taming on. You can leave it on for the week, or transfer it off and transfer it back to the necro next week when you'll feed them to bond them.

5. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

My bad...I've always had taming and lore so I really didn't pay that much attention to the wording of the changes. Here is the publish notes from Aug 2007 that discusses the changes and formula for controlling pets.

http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=195