1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Bonding question

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by sayler04, Aug 4, 2009.

1. sayler04

sayler04 Guest

I've always thought that the ability to bond with a pet was based on your real taming skill. Is this true, or does the jewelry you are wearing when you stable and/or claim the pet have any bearing?

2. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

You can bond with gemmed up skills.

3. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Skill items will work, just make sure you have them equipped when you first feed the pet and then when you feed it a week later to bond it.

Wenchy

4. sayler04

sayler04 Guest

Thanks everyone!

5. Caelas

Caelas Guest

How long would it take to get a pet to bond with you if you have no taming skills and you don't stable the pet? I got a fire beetle last night from a guildmate, and I plan on using it quite a bit over the next few days at least.

6. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Most of my non tamers just used their beetles without feeding them for a week and that bonded them up fine. Feed it then leave it another 7, I prefer 8 days to be sure, then feed again and it should bond.

Wenchy

7. EnigmaMaitreya

EnigmaMaitreya Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Regardless of Stableing or not it is the same requirement in terms of Loyalty and time. Stableing just insures there is no drop in loyaltyt,

So if you keep it, just keep feeding it and it will bond.

8. Juraveil

Juraveil Guest

I have been gone for 1-2years and I just found I have a Cu sideh in the stables not bonded yet. Is it still able to bond? I fed it but it still is tamed just not sure since its soooo far past the 7days it usually takes.

9. EnigmaMaitreya

EnigmaMaitreya Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I would say take it out every night for the next 2 weeks (Max) give it a Fruit/Vegitable and see if it Bonds :) I suspect it will :thumbsup:

10. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

It'll still be able to bond, but if you hadn't fed it when it was stabled initially, you'll have to go through the process from the start - feed it, stable it for a week and try again. I tend to stable for 8 days to ensure I don't feed the pet too early :)

Wenchy

11. Solus

Solus Guest

Sticky please. This question is asked 3x a week.