1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Bone farming -- How ironic.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Prince Caspian, Oct 3, 2012.

1. In Trammel I see nothing but people griefing, stealing kills and basically going MINEMINEMINEMINEMINE and being total rude, selfish feminine hygeine products to each other.

In evil, horrible, scary Felucca, where people fear because of antisocial behavior.... I didn't see one other person at the Britian Cemetary for over four hours.

So want other players to mess with you and give you an antisocial experience? Play this event on the Trammel side.
    Want to do it in peace with nobody bothering you? Play the Felucca side.

Looks like things oddly flip-flopped.

Spiritless, RuSini Neb and CovenantX like this.
  2. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Interesting, how some of these play out huh?

3. I was here for the Dread Lord Days, and it was an utter zoo. Just coming home with your gold was a victory. You learned to PvP or to recall out at a seconds notice because PKs had this game gripped in a reign of terror.

I go to Felucca pretty regularly, and aside from my PAS events where the Waka folks are gonna tangle with us, I can count on one hand how many PKs I've seen in the last four years. Hell its rare I run into ANYONE.

But it makes sense. With insurance, blesses, and so forth, death is pretty painless in UO. But then, I imagine that takes the fun out of PKing.

PKs are largely a thing of the past. I'm sure many still exist, but their golden era has long, long since passed. I am surprised Felucca is still around, actually.

4. Jynxx

Jynxx Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter ShadowStorm

Maybe it's a Sonoma thing? On Napa everyone is working together to help each other collect their own containers. Gen chat is buzzing with 'who has who's bones' and where can they meet to return them.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  5. Vivacia

Vivacia Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

"Maybe it's a Sonoma thing? On Napa everyone is working together to help each other collect their own containers. Gen chat is buzzing with 'who has who's bones' and where can they meet to return them."
    Same on Catskills, everyone (most everyone) working togeather and handing off bones to each other.

6. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I have no problems on Drachenfels for bones. If we find bones for other people we just ask around in General chat for the owner. Otherwise i leave them around Luna Moongate. :)

7. Black Majick

Black Majick Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have been farming bones on Sonoma and trying to return bones to people...unfortunately people dont get in chat. I am going to figure out myself if there is a box that you can drop bones you don't want in so the owners can pick them up.

PS. Thanks for lettings this WAKA guy know where I can find someone to kill at!! *wanders off to go check cemetaries*

8. SlobberKnocker

SlobberKnocker Slightly Crazed

chessy works together as well though i can assue u pking is alive and well on the fel side.

christy1221 likes this.
  9. LOL look for Oroku Saki, my ninja. I'll probably be around the Brit Cem 8-10EST tonight. Let's do this thang. :p

10. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

On Origin I see many of the same names in every cemetary. I have sacrificed my poor Crafter Tinkerbell in hopes to get her bones as well to no avail. The cemetaries are filled with 2-3 of the same name, my guess leaving no room for my poor Tinkerbell's Zombie as I have yet to see it in any graveyard.

I did manage to get a M'e'sanna's Bones (Groans) and there was a SUN SWORD...not the real one obviously but a nice name to have nonetheless...but didn't get them.

NOOB has died ALOT..he's solo-spawning and littering the cemetaries with his zombies lol.

11. Ron Silverbeard

Ron Silverbeard Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

No Problems on Pacific - we combo up most of the time (heal ur Drags and talk...)

12. Lightfoot

Lightfoot Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

No griefing yet on LS. People are talking and helping each other out. Why would you want to play in an area where you don't see another toon in four hours of play? Weird.

13. SinDee

SinDee Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

What shard do you play on? From what I seen on catskills no one steals any kills and any white extra bones are droped for free on luna bank floor

14. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Atlantic had alot of people and if asked had no issues, but there ALOT of people out there killing Skels I am sure somone has ALOT of bones and is being a *%^*&^

Perhaps a channel "Bone Gathering" would help???

15. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Don't reckon you have witnessed they guy in General Chat offering to buy ANY colored bones for 5m per then.

There is already a thread here for bones on Atl. Community Bones Swap | Stratics: A Career Path in Gaming but a channel couldn't hurt either.

16. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Unless anything has changed I believe the OP is speaking of Sonoma.

17. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master

I dunno where you're going and what you're seeing, Caspian, but I've done tons of Trammel graveyards on Sonoma and haven't been griefed once nor seen anyone yelling about having it happen to them. All I've seen is people in chat, saying "I have so and so's bones, are you on?" You're giving Sonoma a bad name for something that doesn't exist for most folks there. One of our fine folks even put up a vendor to get the bones back to their owners.

Black Majick and Miri of Sonoma like this.
  18. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

On Chessy I have only ran into really nice people that have been helping each other get their bones. I have had three people give me mine and I have gave people theirs when I get them, which isn't very often I am unlucky at getting the bones LOL

19. Black Majick

Black Majick Certifiable

I should be around and Ill be looking for you!!!

20. Black Majick

Black Majick Certifiable

and if you are not sure of where this vendor is and play. It is on the west side going out Luna gate. Just south of the gate. Cuttles place....I dropped 15 bone piles in there a bit ago...

21. Den2

Den2 Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

As stated before for Catskills...a lot of us are working together in the general chat and running around talking. I did make a couple of runs to the Fel side where I encountered a PK. (And this may have him trying to find me again). He did not kill me. Try he did...maybe he wasn't expecting me to defend myself, I do not know. But I red-lined him more than he did me. I've never PK'd before but it was a lot of fun and thinking about keeping a permanent character on that side...not so much to pick on 'trammies' but just to see if I can...maybe that's what he was going for too...?

22. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

LA's typically working together on bone swapping as well...

not counting the one guy that keeps trying to tell people who ask in general that the zombie skeletons are only spawning in Fel, and he would "gladly help them" north of brit cemetery (which we quickly jump in and set the record straight).

Rhiannon likes this.
  23. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I like the change in tone this thread has taken. Nice to see reports of people working together on nearly every shard :)

24. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie

on atlantic people tend to gang up on a zombie when its specifically desired, then a trade or give usually takes place. Fel is as usual for me. no one talks to eachother. they just fight zombies and collect or run. Its been pretty tame everywhere i go.

Rhiannon likes this.
  25. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Baja is working together and giving the bones to the people they are named after.

OP and his buddies are just trying to stir up a bunch of hate where none exist. LOL

Rhiannon likes this.
  26. Spiritless

Spiritless Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

On Europa everyone seems to be working together just fine, tbh. I usually always play Fel side though regardless of what character I'm on. At least you usually know where you stand with people here and the whining/pancakes about "kill stealing" or subversive attempts to grief is never an issue.

The true Feluccan players who are left have a stronger community than those on the opposite side imo.

27. Damia TMC

Damia TMC Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Legends people are also working together to get the bones to their owner.

Rhiannon likes this.
  28. Berethrain

Berethrain Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I've seen Great Lakes and Chessy players returning bones to the owners. Little to no griefing Ive seen to speak of. I would hope most players take note of this.

Rhiannon likes this.
  29. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Yep, same on Origin. We even found one person who didn't know about the bones, and he was quite delighted when he got his! :)

It's been nice seeing general chat alive for a change..asking if so-and-so is on and if they want their bones lol.

Even saw a Pee-Wee Herman Zombie yesterday but didn't get any bones off it :(

Rhiannon likes this.
  30. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

For the most part on Napa I've seen in gen chat people looking for bone owners(lol). This said it is always tram where the real griefing happens and fel where, imo, friendships happen.

31. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Rhiannon likes this.
  32. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Very nice, MA, very nice... I wish Pac had a site like this.... You people that play GL should definitely take a look....

Just sayin...........;)

33. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

You know Pac can have a page on the UORPC site.

#33 MalagAste, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  34. Surgeries

Surgeries Grand Poobah

I must say...Nothing Ever Always Happens All The Time, Picus....Not Never.

Infinitives are poor descriptors of nearly everything. Not everything...nearly everything. ;)

35. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Well played.:eek:

36. THP

THP Stratics Legend

how many coloured bones is there.....out of curiosity ....and to be fair i killed myself 3x just outta of a towns guards reach but near a healer...then recaled to the first graveyard in my book and there they were all 3 ...killed them and got 1 named white bones out the 3....so wondered how many colours there are?

37. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

If you have trouble with how people play in Trammel you can always got to play in Felucca. I however haven't even tried to farm bones so far but I am sure that I won't go to Felucca to do it.

38. THP

THP Stratics Legend

But Felucca is sooooooooooooooooooo scary!!!!!!!.....NOT!!....u would be very very lucky to bump into a old school red on most shards...

STill how many coloured bones is there..ive heard white pink and red...is that it??