1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] Bookcases need love too!

Discussion in 'UO Test Center' started by BrianFreud, Jul 24, 2014.

1. BrianFreud

BrianFreud Lead Wiki Mod & Doer of Crazy Things
    Professional Wiki Editor Wiki Moderator Campaign Supporter

@Kyronix, I love the new book gump - it's a huge improvement over the existing gumps.

However, before this publish goes live, could you please consider a little look at the gump for bookcases and bookshelves? It's been asked for several times in other places, but I've not seen a response. They're the largest containers in the game, and are perfect for libraries. Yet they have such a small area in the actual gump, they're unusable, unless you nest other containers inside, which kind of kills the point.

My own library, very much a work in progress: library.png

#1 BrianFreud, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
    Frarc and Riyana like this.
  2. Kyronix

Kyronix UO Designer
    VIP

Noted.

BrianFreud likes this.
  3. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Any chance old books will get the new book interface? Right now, there are a bug with books. If I place a guest book and both EC and CC write in it, the book get messed up. The new interface looks great so if it also can work for both clients, also when you inset with CTRL V.
    An other wish to books, would it ever be possible to copy from the book to windows clipboard?

4. Chaoticmass

Chaoticmass Visitor

If they cant copy books to the clipboard due to some technical reason maybe they could have an option to dump the book contents to the journal, which can then be saved/exported as a journal log file.

5. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I see one issue here, some may write books, they don't want others to export from the game.