1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Boredom- Template Advice

Discussion in 'UHall' started by ColterDC, Feb 3, 2009.

1. ColterDC

ColterDC Visitor

I was fiddling with one of my chars last night and since I'm open to suggestions -- what would you do with the extra 50 skill points left on this char.

120 Archery
    100 Tactics
    100 Anatomy
    100 Healing
    100 Bushido
    100 Necro
    65 Chiv

I was debating adding SS for the ability to drag a shadow wisp around and to cast the few spells not influenced by having high SS.

Or I could simply bump several of the skills up higher.

Or maybe even add focus for a little stamina and mana regen.

If you're wondering what I use this char for, I run in vamp form, and mostly just stand behind my wife's dragon killing whatever peerless boss or champ we're fighting... usually while munching on some crackers or other healthy snack.....nothing to exciting.

2. 120 Tactics
    120 Bushido
    75 Chiv

3. Tycolby

Tycolby Guest

Uh? Question where are you getting you have left 50 skill points? By what i can see you got 35 points to get to 720.
    I added up your points and got 685, so you only have 35 left if your account is four years or older.

4. Tycolby

Tycolby Guest

Get rid of Healing thats 100 points wasted if you run vamp form.

120 arch
    120 tact
    120 anat
    120 bush
    100 necro
    80 chiv
    60 SS

a little corpse skin never hurts at a peerless.

5. ColterDC

ColterDC Visitor

Wearing a few items with skill increase.

I don't think I want to dump healing since it comes in handy healing/rezzing people around me.

6. ColterDC

ColterDC Visitor

So the benefits would be a little more damage and a slightly higher chance of doing critical hits correct?

7. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

If you are bored...come play on Siege...la

8. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I'd focus on adding SS
    You have GM necro, so make the skill more useful by adding SS since a lot of the spells rely on having SS for potency

9. It would be more than a "little more" damage.

120 Tactics= 20% Damage Increase
    120 Bushido= 7% Higher Crit Chance + 1 less level to reach Perfection which = more damage
    75 Chivalry= MUCH fewer failures on Cons Wep & EoO which = more damage

10. I pretty much agree with what Connor said, though (& I know you already said you're keeping it) if it were me I'd drop heal and anat and cram discord on there.

11. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

As the paired fighting you do goes weaving if the tamer doesn't have it. Tossing the gift for healing could help the dragon out.

12. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It would depend on whether you want to do more DD, or play more of a support character. If more DD, can't go wrong with what Connor said. If support, would just have to think whether you want to help assist whatever pet your wife is using, or weaken monster through discord or other various measures.

There really is a ton of things you can do.

13. Arcades

Arcades Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I run a very similar template that really works well especially with a tank like a greater dragon...

120 Archery
    120 Bushido
    100 Tactics
    100 Necromancy
    100 Spellweaving
    100 Meditation
    75 Chivalry

I run in Vamp form and in Protection so my WoDs dont get interrupted...nor do my chiv heals even tho they are slightly slower. Wraith form comes in handy when you want to leech mana back, and the med works wonders.

14. Arcades, just a fyi, you may know already... you can use arcane empowerment to increase the amount your chiv heals do.

15. ColterDC

ColterDC Visitor

Definately some good suggestions posted.

If I ever get a a spare moment of free time I will have to try some of these ideas.

16. Turdnugget

Turdnugget Guest

Herding.

Your template isn't complete w/out herding.

Raise your bushi/anat/tacs for better damage output.

No need for focus as Vampire form is supposed to give 4 MR and 10 SR.

17. I thought Vamp form was 3 MR?

18. It is. 3 MR, 15 SR.

19. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Even if you don't put any points into spellweaving, do the quest and get the book.

Even 0-skill elves have a 12.5% chance of casting the 0-skill start spells Arcane circle & Gift of Renewal. Humans at 0 real skill have about a 50-62.5% chance of casting them.

Get 4 or 5 non-spellweaver people on a circle or even a pentagram (like the center of a champ altar), and even if the others have never thaken the quest, you can get a level 3, 4 or 5 Arcane focus.

a level 3 focus Gift of renewal will last for about a minute, cast by a 0-skill human, and regenerates 8 HP every 2 seconds for the duration. Does wonders for staying alive in proximity to champs (yourself or someone else - like a vet healing pets), or even casting it on some other guy's Greater Dragon that's tanking the boss.

20. WildWobble

WildWobble Sage
    Stratics Veteran

the added bush to 120 be very handy

tactics not so much but more dmg is nice

SS can be useful though not very
    more chiv is nice but again over 50 will be fine just cast eoo a few times to get off is all vs bosses that works just fine

35 points in spellweave is nice if you have decent mana like 40ish will work with a mana leeching bow to cast up some natures fury very handy spell for an archer when you do go out alone. and the extra gift of renewal on your wifes dragon will help a bit also :)

but the first reply of 20 more bush tactics and rest in chiv is pretty good
    and the chance to critical at 120 is way way better for ya then at 100

i run a swords vamp that uses 110 bush but sometimes wears a jewel to 120 and its alot more crits at 120 ALOT trying to get it to 120 now natural for the crits!

Also should this not be posted in the warrior forum? seems out of place on this one

21. Turdnugget

Turdnugget Guest

Oh, well someone should change the info on UOGuide then. It says under Mana Regen that it's 4 for vampiric, and 10 SR for Vampiric =/

22. There are quite a few things that need to be updated on UOGuide. That's why I've stopped using it for the most part.

23. von Beck

von Beck Guest

umm duh geez :loser: create an account, log in, change it... everyone wins.... it's really not that hard.. might take you 5 minutes max and 2 of those minutes are waiting for a rego email to arrive...

24. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Aye, but it's more up-to-date on a lot of things compared to stratics :p