1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Boura Fur?

Discussion in 'UO Stygian Abyss' started by Alizaren, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Alizaren

Alizaren Guest

What is it and what can you do with it?

Anyone?

2. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

3. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

They are used for quest that gives pet treats to improve stats. Tina or Petra put together a pretty good doc on it.

4. sayler04

sayler04 Guest

I think that was "boura skin", not boura fur. They always drop 30 fur when carved up, while boura skin and boura pelts are more rare.

I thought I saw boura fur on a crafting gump somewhere, but can't remember exactly

5. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You're right, my bad.

6. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I have a theory that eventually we'll be able to make brightly colored yarn out of the boura fur and then perhaps weave it or knit it into something special. For now, though, nothing seems to happen when you click on it.

Did you know you can shear live bouras, just like you can shear a sheep? Seems you can only do it once per animal, though. I have a couple of bonded lowland bouras and every time I try to shear them again, they give me a dirty look. Guess it must take a long time for them to grow back all that fur.