1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Boura Tail Shield drop rate?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Fat Midnight, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Fat Midnight

Fat Midnight Visitor

What is the drop rate of the Boura shield??? I have killed thousands High Plains Bouras in the past week and havnt gotten one. I only have 125 luck....
    Side question 1:
    Do they drop in your pack or on the corpse?

Side question 2:
    What do Boura pelts sell for on your shard?

2. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

1-2 Mill..

Reactive para is worthless... it only para's like 20% of the time or less when you actually parry.

3. Fat Midnight

Fat Midnight Visitor

I have to kill 1-2 million High plains bouras to get one??

4. Konge

Konge Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

...that's the price.

Drop rate would be a %

Common sense, in stores today.

Judging by some random numbers I just pulled out dark place, I'd say between 1-10% Numbers are an educated guess based on the OLD drop rate for arties being roughly 1% for Navery, and the low rate and which champ spawns drop, which could be seen as 1% with the consideration that, because it spawns on a regular mob and isn't particularly amazing, it could be as high as 10%. I'm skeptical of 20% as then they would be much more common.

5. Fat Midnight

Fat Midnight Visitor

Sarcasm didn't come through strong enough for you?

Thanks for the info... I have killed 3-400 a day for a while now and still have not gotten one. Any chance the shield drop is broken since Pub 66??

6. Konge

Konge Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Anything's possible, though highly doubtful as nothing with Boura's was changed to my knowledge. And, as far as I understand, they're tied to the same SA drop rate which is moderately low. Could just be lower than 1%. Truth is, unless you get a LARGE group of people to tell you how long it took them to get one, you'll never have an accurate drop rate, as one person might have gotten lucky, it might have happened a couple times, and maybe a lot of people are like you, but they wouldn't be represented in this, only a fraction of the fraction of people that got it.

7. mjolnir131

mjolnir131 Guest

20% seams a bit low it feels a bit higher than that but then again 20% is once every 5 swings or so on average. I'm still deciding if i like it better than my 13/13 hci/dci shield. I have killed several hundred boura since i got mine and have not seen one so would guess it is lower than 1% for a drop rate possibly way lower.

8. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I got one after 200+ bouras

9. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

Nope, I got one last week. I have killed around 600 or so and have 2 shields to show for it. How can you kill 400 a day for a while, thats so boring lol. It seems like you hit a stretch of bad luck I'm sorry to say.

10. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Probably took 200-300 before I got one. Have killed at least that many since then without another shield dropping.

11. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

Do they drop in pack, on corpse or on ground?

12. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

I killed about 100 before I got one. They are on the corpse

13. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Pretty sure it was on the corpse.

14. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'm pretty sure they drop on corpse. Not sure on Boura pelt sales, but they are very useful to have and can be eaten up fast when building suits.

15. chuckoatl

chuckoatl Guest

pelts sell for a mil per 100 on ATL

16. Fat Midnight

Fat Midnight Visitor

Its not so bad(as I keep telling my self) The rest of the imbuing ingredients are not selling so its what I do

Thanks for the info everyone

17. thenow

thenow Guest

I got one in about 200kills but have killed another 400ish since then and nothing.
    My opinion about the sheilds usage is , it works very well for my needs. With 100reflect phys dam suit(its reflect dam mod takes me too 100), 120 parry, nox/swords it works good especially against dexers but it always fun to see a mage paralysed, unable to do anything for that little bit makes all the difference sometimes against a good mage (if they not good then para is not needed).I can almost feel the mage's concern when a para hits them and they are not expecting it. A dexxer paralysing a mage is very fun to experience.

PS - that 100 reflect dam against a mystic can be very useful, not to mention those pesty archers getting 100 reflect dam is way kewl (this char was made especially to fight archers in the feild). My character that I'm talking about is red with 300 odd counts.