1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Boy did I mess up

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Victim of Siege, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

I installed windows 10 and now my screen flashes And I can't do anything. Ima go get drunk

2. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Yeah, I got nothing to offer in terms of help, but apple mojito's are so guuuuuud!!

Victim of Siege likes this.
  3. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I love you guys...

4. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'm not getting near Win 10 until they do the big bug squisher update for it or the free upgrade offer is about to time out. Had to many years experience with new releases of Windows.

Kat likes this.
  5. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Try ask for help in UHall

6. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

I got it sorted, I "reset" the computer. apparently Windows 10 didn't like something i had on my machine. I'll leave it like it is until they figure their malfunction out.

7. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I rather get a new computer with a new computer with Windows 10 and keep my old until all is working or keep my old with Windows 7 and don't get Windows 10 :p

Drakelord likes this.
  8. Kattasrophe

Nothing But Trouble

Poor Victim, everything is out to get ya!

9. Symma

Symma Certifiable

I had no problem with the upgrade. Only thing it messed up was my Nvidia card, by not installing the drivers after finishing. Didn't take much to fix in the end.

Now, don't get me started on Cortana. Apparently my headset is not compatible with her. Me thinks she doesn't like British people and is hiding behind technology issues.

10. Drakelord

Drakelord Stratics Sonoma Reporter
    Reporter Professional Governor

My Lap Top with win 7 would not work right with win 10, had no sound, (tried twice with upgrades) and in game the mouse was slow slow slow to move across the screen, went back to win 7 on it, no problems sounds was good game movement was good.

11. FrejaSP

Now where Microsoft offer Windows 10 for free, I would like to hear others about how they feel about Windows 10. I have to admit, I'm tempted but it also scare me alot as not all Windows versions had been good

12. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

I'm not touching it until at least after the first big bug squisher patch, what they used to call Service pack One. I likely won't take the free upgrade until the last minute so they can fix as much as possible before i start using it.

I think Win 10 may prove a security disaster with that 'secure' peer to peer update scheme I've read about in the news. Great, it's faster installs, but what if one of those peer computers has malware on it? And another angle is that mandatory update or else routine, what happens when a whiz kid hacker figures out how to use that forced update bit Win 10 has to install malware? He's suddenly got a billion computer botnet to play with.