1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Breaking deeded items doesn't work any more?

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Risso, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I'm trying to redecorate my house and the broken soulforge I had placed no longer remains after house customisation, even after making sure to lock it down. It happened with the original soulforge, and now again with a replacement. Is anyone else experiencing this or know of a workaround?

2. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

How soon after you locked it down did it disappear when you remodeled and it disappeared?

My experience was I had to relock everything down that I had broken before I customized again in order to assure it stayed. Not sure if tha'ts still the case or not.

3. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

It disappears as soon as I enter customisation mode, it's happened with 3 soulforges now. Not happy, this 'simple' remodeling has turned into a complete house renovation as I can no longer use a smaller soul forge and I just transferred my small soul forge deed off the shard :(

4. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Am I crazy or are raised gozas being deleted after customisation as well? I should have about 20 in my moving crate but instead theres only one.

5. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

You do know that these items were not intended to be broken, so complaining that they delete themselves after customization is rather funny..

6. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Not really a complaint, just highlighting the issue since lots of people use gozas and raised items as part of their house designs. Some people like to find cool ways to use the space in their homes efficiently, other people like to troll threads I guess :)

7. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Naa, if you knew me, you would know I'm not a troll. And finding a way around game mechanics has a term, it's called exploiting. Yes I know your doing it for deco, but it's still circumventing the mechanics of the game for your desired effect. Some use the rational in pursuit of finding ways to Cheat the system, others to design their home. Where do you draw the line is the question. Usually when something starts to happen, ie: your vanishing items, it's a direct result of a change to fix or counter an exploit. It's why we have house tools now instead of deeds, moongates to fel instead of moonstones, and the cohesion message for gates to name a few. So before calling me a Troll, think for a second. Ask yourself, Why is this occurring just now?

startle likes this.
  8. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Btw, my reply was to your broken soul forge, not your raised items.

9. Hardy

Hardy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I'm with Risso on this one, being creative with deco is one of the great things in UO. The stone kitchens for example. The soul forge was always a nightmare due to its size....not everyone can afford the millions for the small one..

Miss Smoocher likes this.
  10. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Well that's rather scarey and annoying. I was thinking of redoing one of my houses but didn't want to lose my REALLY expensive forge.... now I'm going to just leave it alone.

11. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I can test this on Origin or Siege tonight to see - just need to get my tailoring on Siege up to test it.

12. Gheed

Gheed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

13. Morgana Grim

Morgana Grim Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

The raised goza have been going to moving crate for me. You probably did, but check to see if they are stacked on top of each other. Another twist to the goza mat issue I noticed, is when they go to moving crate they become "unknown". When "unknown" I've noticed you are not able to place a deeded item on top of them any longer.
    **Note** These observances were made prior to the last patch. I haven't gone into custom mode in my house since around the beginning of Oct because of ending up with unknown/unusable goza mats every time. Having no tailor it is very annoying. I can only imagine your annoyance with the soulforge issue as well.

legendsguy and Miss Smoocher like this.
  14. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

For breaking items don't use the plain one tile no border Goza's..... they have been broken for awhile now..... just use the old brocade goza mats..... they still work and don't turn into an "unknown" deed.

Morgana Grim likes this.
  15. kitiara-atlantic

kitiara-atlantic Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I experienced this yesterday with the stone kitchen counters. I made a new house design, installed stone counters (with broken stone tables), locked down each piece, and lost them all when I went back into customization mode. I repeated the entire process, thinking maybe I missed locking the pieces down... nope. They vanished.

Locking down broken pieces no longer seems to prevent them from disappearing upon customization.

16. Kelly Daze

Kelly Daze Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I placed some gozas today for the staircase I finished the staircase and want to set the gozas and test it out. So I set them and raised them. Then went back to finish customizing the house. After I was finished for the moment, the gozas were gone but I find them in the moving crate. So I guess I will have to completely finish the house and then place the goza mats.