1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Blacksmithing] Bribe ? - Item # increase or only quality??

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Anvira, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Anvira

Anvira Journeyman

When you do a bribe, can the # of items needed to craft increase, or is it only the item quality?

Thanks!

2. John II SRC

John II SRC Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hello .. the number of items, the quality and the resource can all be upped. I don't know if there is a scheme to it which happens when (seems a bit random to me), but it certainly works in one way or another.

3. Anvira

Anvira Journeyman

ah, tyvm :)

4. Anvira

Anvira Journeyman

Ok, so because I was curious, i took my BOD book with me and tried to test the stated fact that it's supposed to be : Upgrades: Quantity, Quality, Material.

That would mean I take a 15 Normal Leather, upgrade to a 20 Normal Leather, than a 20 Exec. Leather and so on....

I just tried this multiple times and got the bribery system to upgrade the quality of the BOD, and only ONCE did it actually upgrade the BOD.

Is this normal?? Or is this supposed to be horribly random like this.

Some predictability would be appreciated :(

#4 Anvira, Oct 17, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  5. John II SRC

John II SRC Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Well, I can only guess that it is random but the system seems to have a higher chance to upgrade one thing to another (e.g. material seems to be preferred to number or exec). My rule of thumb is: if I want the quantitiy to go up, it's guaranteed to be the material, which then renders the whole bod useless for what I need it for. I have never heard anybody saying that you can influence which parameter is being upped or that you can foresee it and maybe move on to another NPC to try again. But then, if one could guarantee a certain outcome, it would make it a bit too easy I guess...