1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Bridge Hoppers

Discussion in 'Roxey Inn' started by Kirthag, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Kirthag

Kirthag Former Stratics Publisher
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor YCC

Feb 25, 2004
    So, during the last beta I spent about 9 hours trying to get across that itty bitty island chain off Stros M'kai. A few others joined in (DustysWorld, Dolnor Numbwit & qpRavenqp) and we wound up having some hilarity in voice chat (using Skype). I personally think they blocked the islands for some reason (invisible wall) - but here's my video of the success (and subsequent near suicide).

Has anyone else made it across this island chain? What did you discover?

Taylor likes this.
  2. Noldor

Noldor Knight, Order of the Bug Hunters
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Sep 15, 2004
    Nice video! And thanks for the "French" lessons! -)

By the way, even if we survived the "swimming with the fishies" to the 3rd island...look at the overhead map of the island chain reveals that the 4th island's edge facing the end of the 3rd island is a solid wall of rock. The only way to survive that gap were if you either found a "walking in the sky" bug, could fly over the gap, or a GM ported you to the 4th island.

And yes, "walking in the sky" does exist in other games....for instance, we have SW:TOR...and I've found another bug is still in the game...not the one in this video.

And flying too...

#2 Noldor, Mar 8, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014