1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Bridge - to be or not?

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by feath, Jul 20, 2008.

1. feath

feath Guest

From my current work in progress...

[​IMG]

i'd like a bridge here, but not sure if this is working. maybe its just to 'heavy'? i wanted a clean, classical aire about this room. just get rid of it, or make it something 'feathery'?

help please!

2. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

beautiful room, Feath, and if it was me, unless the goza are needed to access something there, I would lose them... but that's just me :)

3. feath

feath Guest

hum, that would make it cleaner and less cluttered - but then would it continue to look like a bridge, or just a lot of piled up wood?

4. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

welp, would look like a very nice arrangement of shelves for item display.... to me, anyway :thumbsup:

5. feath

feath Guest

ahhhh, yes, it would!

6. kray2s

kray2s Guest

i love it hun:)

7. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

How about something like this?

[​IMG]

Its a lot more compact, you can walk over it and its possible to stack items either side if you wanted to keep the benches or make hand rails :)

8. feath

feath Guest

can you show me how to make that? it seems a variation of the turning staircase.

9. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Here you go:

Risso's Stairs

Step One:

First decide on the layout of the stairs. Here I've used blue tiles to indicate where I will be placing normal steps. Note there must always be a 2 tile space between the first and second step.

[​IMG]

Step Two:

Place the first steps at either end, using teleporters to cut the stairs as you would with a spiral staircase.

[​IMG]

Step Three:

Place a set of stairs at each end going crossways to the first sets (either the first or second tile along, depending on the height of your next step)

[​IMG]

Step Four:

Place the next step at either end - note you may have to cut the stairs one at a time, as there is not enough room in the middle 3 tiles to place all of the necessary teleporters. Afterwards, delete the steps going crossways to delete the bottom of the stairs.

[​IMG]

Step Five:

Place the teleporters to cut the 'flat' part of the bridge to the south or whichever way you would like the flat part of the wall to be facing, then place the stairs and cut to the desired height.

[​IMG]

Step Six:

Repeat the above step for any remaining flat sections.

[​IMG]

Step Seven:

Commit the design, then stand on the 'flat' part of the bridge. Use a square goza and target yourself so that it is placed at your feet, then raise it however high you would like.

[​IMG]

Step Eight:

Stand back and admire your handiwork :)

[​IMG]

Let me know if you need any more help with it :)

10. feath

feath Guest

i'm really going to have to try that! wow - thanks a lot!