1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Bring back Halloween Costumes!! Please...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Fallout007, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Fallout007

Fallout007 Adventurer

I was wondering if Costumes will ever come back? I mean they could be gained by begging or loot. Pumpkins are kinda old news. Just an FYI Thanks for the good work EM folks and if this is the wrong place to post this. Please let me know where to post this.

Modoc and Uriah Heep like this.
  2. kRUXCg7

kRUXCg7 Sage

I want my turkeys! We haven't had them in two or three years, I want them back. ;-)

Acid Rain likes this.
  3. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

You are not alone Dot wants them too. I'd be fine with them if they left them out of champ spawns.

4. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

they were never gone. they still spawn.... http://www.uoguide.com/Costume

so many noobs say their rares now tho that i can see why you were misinformed.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  5. Fallout007

Fallout007 Adventurer

I have been down there and killed that thing a hundred times and never got a costume. So I am not sure it is still loot. Maybe someone can clarify this.

6. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Id like something completely new and fun and involved. I would also love it if Halloween costumes went into the cape or quiver spot so they wouldn't limit your functionality so greatly.

sablestorm and Smoot like this.
  7. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

i got one before when i farmed the abyss alot. that was like 3 years ago tho. it could just be very rare to spawn. its definitely not the most fun way we could get them. i killed hundreds of renowned when i was farming the abyss and only got a handful of arty drops from them.

i dont think anyones hardcore farmed the aybss in years, so thats probably also why more arent around.

8. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I wouldn't I wear a quiver. I would prefer we had an extra VANITY slot... for costumes. We got Talisman slots..... now we need a VANITY slot.

9. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, this, or the earring spot, something which will let you play your character like you normally would but could still roleplay whatever form you assumed.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  10. MalagAste

I don't think very many folk farm the acid renowned.... It's hazardous to your equipment.

11. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I've hunted the acid spawn in the Abyss a bit but still haven't gotten a costume from them. Others assure me they've gotten them, however.

12. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

ya, only one i did on a mystic cause it would have destroyed my normal sampires armor. when abyss ingredients were worth something tho it was a great one. those black dci ones were always high demand.

13. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

That would be ideal, I just meant any slot other than the hands, since hands are so important to warriors especially, and I wager many mages also use spell books.

It could fill the shirt or skirt slot without messing with anything couldn't it?

14. MalagAste

That I would LOVE..... They could fill the shirt slot without destroying things since no one wears a shirt really. Any slot would do but I would prefer if they made a special slot for costumes and I'd like to see them add more costumes to the slot. Ratmen might be a nice costume. Turkey... How about those bouncing evil pumpkins as a costume??? That would be cool.

15. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I'd add one in for every monster so people could rp whatever they want.

Riyana likes this.
  16. MalagAste

I would like that very much. Perhaps this could be a stealable thing to steal their mask if you are a thief and use that blade on them... perhaps you could get a mask of what your fighting.

Gedgerez Tesherd likes this.
  17. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

UO Assist has always had that "view yourself as" option, which is kinda cool, but not since you're the only one that sees you that way. Some kind of vanity slot or whatever is an excellent option, and opens up so many RP opportunities that we should have had long ago, more than just Bobs and Freds...

18. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I want to be a Crimson Dragon, just sayin.

19. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

For some reason I'm now imagining a pvp battle between someone with a crimson dragon costume and someone with a sparrow costume...

kRUXCg7 and Viquire like this.
  20. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I find it's best if I don't talk about all the things I see in my head. I still do it far too often. ;)

21. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Doom Sparrow. What's not to like?

kRUXCg7 and Viquire like this.
  22. kRUXCg7

kRUXCg7 Sage

If you get to look like sparrows and crimson dragons, I want a pumpkin pie costume. With red and golden flowers on top. And neon cannonry.

23. Gedgerez Tesherd

Gedgerez Tesherd Journeyman

That is a perfect way to introduce 'extra' items which won't conflict with your normal gear slots. Make the Vanity Slot null to mods on them, so people can't obtain extra stacking equipment mods. For instance if someone has a double exceptional cloak, & they are currently using a quiver for the dci mod, by equipping the exceptional cloak in the Vanity Slot, it will show the item on the character for visual usage only.

This is also perfect. Specific costume types coordinate with the designated monster type. For instance if I were wanting to obtain a Shadow Wyrm costume, then I would like to be able to farm Shadow Wyrms, with a rare chance to get the drop off that specific monster type, so on & so fourth with each & every other type of costume. This also leaves room for future Vanity items, & mask variety type inclusions.

24. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I don't wanna be a crimson dragon I want to own one.

I would like to see costumes brought back also

Viquire likes this.
  25. MalagAste

I personally prefer the platinum dragons..... but yes a crimson would be cool.

Viquire likes this.