1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Bring back the taking of heads!

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Jeremiah, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Visitor

Okay everyone is bringing up old **** so how about this oldie, bring back the ability to take heads. Id like to be able to turn in for bounties or just lock down in your house, how awesome would that be??/!!!! What do you think?

2. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I think they would need to fix the bounty system... I really never understood why they took it out instead of tweaking it intelligently.

If they would make it so that the player who placed the bounty was the only one who could turn the head in... or if you were the bounty hunter who killed the red you could turn in the head for like 5k per head and turn in that players head once per day.

3. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Visitor

i think just when you place a bounty for X amount of gp on someone it comes out of your bank and then is given to whomever turns it in would be suficient. mainly it would be cool just to be able to have the heads of entire guilds locked down on display. it would be like having a set or something....dang i just need sonsos to complete the set!

4. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

They took head-chopping out when this game became pg13(equivalent) and the parents complained. Too bad I say, bounties were profitable. I am all for the return of them. I miss the Most Wanted boards.

5. KVJ

KVJ Guest

Agreed.

I'd love to show how many KOC & TNT heads I've collected. And then when I get hungry, make them into beef jerky!!!!! That was a cool feature. Too bad Puffy wasn't playing when they had houses that you actually had to lock / unlock the doors in order to get in. :D

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

They can't put it back in, they'd lose the 'teen' rating

Also it was very abused by people collecting 'arranged' bounties on friends - a bit like some people gain justice now, but with a cash incentive.

7. JasmineSP

JasmineSP Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

There's no reason that a bounty system without decapitating ppl wouldn't work. But I do miss cutting off the head of Sir Bart on GL.

8. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Guest

so make siege an r rated shard lol. I'd love to see that- I think it would encourage more pvp- I know it would for me. Th see the heads of your enemies lying there in front of the fire! How could you ever stop hunting?

9. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

All those that think the taking of heads was abolished for a "teen" rating have missed the boat...

The taking of heads, chopping bodies, and making jerky was taken out when many EU countries told EA they would ban the game from shelves if it was left in. Cannibalism is not looked upon quite as favorably across the pond, apparently.

10. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

You're right, I'd forgotten. Thanks.

11. Czarina

Czarina Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

its rated teen but we run around in our skivvies and watch blood splatter everywhere..... hehe.

12. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

when was the last time it was on the shelves....

13. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Better would be that any player could go to a NPC Sheriff < we have one
    in Trinsic> and obtain a warrant with the name of the player on it. The
    Sherrif will stamp the number of murder counts this person has < from the
    data base of players of the shard> and if this criminal if targeted by the
    warrant holder, the warrant holder is paid 10g X the number of murder counts
    after the target player is killed by the warrant holder. This warrant can only
    target alive character. This can be done any number of times but only once
    per day. Yes, make the criminal pay!
    Anyone who does not have enough money in bank vault stays dead for 24
    hours.

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

14. KVJ

KVJ Guest

This is a horrible suggestion. Old man. People will be massing up against one person just to take em out for 24 hours. I don't think you play on siege as much.

15. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Guest

but there is something there. An in-game bounty that can be taken out on someone; a wanted poster board in each town; the individual making the complaint must anty up such and such amount to make the complaint, in addition to the bounty then afixed. The wanted poster should also have the complaintants' name, so that the wanted, hearing that he/she IS wanted, may know where to place the blame. Putting a bounty on someones' head would therefore be somewhat costly, and could have repercusions for the one requesting the warrant. I'm thinking that on occasion the accuser would be the one to perish.